1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone done any christian fasting before ?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Aug 12, 2019.

1. I have heard about this a lot never tried it before . In fasting I mean to go without food but drink water for several days seeking direction and guidance from God , well if anyone has I would like to hear about your experience

Hello Friend likes this.
  2. I am currently fasting three times each week for 42 hours at a time. I am engaged in this for health reasons, too, but there is a huge spiritual component to it, as well.

In the past, I have fasted for lengthier periods (21 days, 10 days, 3-4 days, etc.).

So, what would you like to know?

3. well I have a few questions
    1. how long before the hunger pains started and were there any other physical effects dizziness etc?
    2. what spiritual benfefits did you have?
    3..how soon can you start eating regualry after its over?

4. 1 and 3) I highly recommend you read Fung's "Complete Guide to Fasting." That will answer all your logistical questions about the practice. After you have read that, let me know if there are any specifics you are curious about.

2) Every fast is different, but I always feel connected to God in a vital way during and after a fast. The goal of this life is to grow in connection with him, so I think that anything that helps us do so is well worth investing in!

5. I have! My (roman catholic) church proposes to do one week of guided fasting every year before easter. It's modified, meaning we get a small loaf of enriched bread and only water each day, but the faith guidance is very thorough, with lots of prayer groups and mass every day. I enjoyed it a lot but would not do it again. It was extremely hard.

6. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

I've fasted before. What I do is that I wash my face, anoint my head with oil and then go without food or drink (from sunrise 'til sunset). Jesus talks about fasting in Matthew 6. He said that the Father will reward you if you fast. One time, the Lord had me go to a cemetery and pray and fast for those who have died. Fasting makes my prayers more passionate. If you're seeking something from the Lord, it's good to fast and pray for it. Fasting and prayer go together like peanut butter and jelly. :)

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. so true , my issue is I have a lot of people that know me and doing it secrectly without anyone knowing as it stated in matthew is going to be diffcult