1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hard times

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by earthling_, May 19, 2019.

1. earthling_

earthling_ Fapstronaut

Last 1,5 month has been a horrible stagnation for me.
    It is really painful.

My problem is binge browsing internet (including watching youtube, streams and even sometimes playing vidya). Routine has collapsed, I used to read books and be way more creative but now here I am, feeling broken and bad thoughts are running through my head.
    I know meditation is helpful, I used to do it daily now I can't remember when was the last time I did this.
    Literally can't get myself to do it again.

Other than that I had quite well "positively-programmed" mind I would say but now with all those people around me that I deal with on a regular basis I went downhill mentally. I am hopeless.

It's like I'm in some sort of death spiral and I need to get out of it asap.

2. selfimprovement8008

selfimprovement8008 Fapstronaut

it happened to me recently, keep reading benefits about those two items and watch clean videos. As for dealing with people take your time and slow down and analyze the situations a bit more as awkward as that can be pause a little more not too much though but enough to gather your thoughts for a few days then return to meditation. Good luck my friend.

3. Pafton Tsumi

Pafton Tsumi Fapstronaut

When you're in that unproductive loop and you feel those bad thoughts coming, just stop whatever you're doing, acknowledge the thoughts and remind yourself that those thoughts exist because you know you need to stop. Why do you need to stop? Remind yourself of your nofap goals, and the fact that you didn't make an account to give up one bad habit just so you could sink into another one. Of all habits related to nofap, binge browsing the internet may be the worst in my experience, as more often than not I've ended up watching p because -
    A. I saw an image that perked me up
    B. I wanted to alleviate my boredom
    C. I wanted to achieve some post-nut clarity that allowed me to return to productivity.

I can't recommend working out enough if you don't do so already; it really helps to clear mental fogs.