1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Purpose and your passion

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Rodrigov600, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Rodrigov600

Rodrigov600 Fapstronaut

If you've been following my posts, you know that I recently went through a breakup with a beautiful girl of which I could not salvage. Following the quick embracing of my mistake and the quick finding of a solution, I decided to take another shot at dating.

I've been playing with the Tinder app, and I matched a girl who seemed really outgoing and cute. We had a lot of similarities, and I quickly proceeded to stop the conversation (After giving her an appetizer about me) and just go out for a date. I got her number, set a place to meet up and time to be there and few details of what we were going to do but keeping an excited tone to keep her anticipation and mystery building.

The date arrived, things were okay and though the whole date didn't go as planned, we still hung out and got to know each other. She was amazing, I think she is amazing but it just didn't click with me. I could feel it didn't click with her, and it definitely didn't click when she asked questions that got me thinking: What do you do day to day?

I felt like such a COG haha! I felt like I was a machine in a factory of a society, wake up, work, eat and sleep. Repeat until you die of some sort of disease or even while trying to complete this gray and dull cycle. It definitely got me thinking about purpose and passion, and being a self help and growth oriented person, I kept it in the back burner until I got home to compile my results.

She proceded to ask me about what I was looking for, since I was tindering. She got me in a bit of a hot seat there as well, I hesitated and I could feel time passing ever so slowly as I tried to think about a response.

"To spend time with someone and share life with", is what I replied, to which she snapped back with:

"... A Therapist?"

Now I know what she wanted to get to. She wanted to know if I was the type of guy to lock her down and worry about relationship labels and status as opposed to being focused on my passion.

"More like dating would be a better word, definitely not just hooking up"

Just then I noticed I was looking for someone to make me happy, in a world where I was unhappy on my own. Why was I tindering? I had nothing else going on and wanted to bring someone who would make me happy. You can't give what you don't have, I was setting myself up for failure.

So you know me, I embraced my mistake and learned from it and began fine tuning my approach to life: What is my passion? What makes me happy so I can then share this passion and drive with someone else?

I made a list in my phone's notes section, everything that made me tick and that I really hated to stop doing when the time to do something else came.

The trick here is to occupy your free time doing what you love, you then surround yourself with people that think like you. You build a community or integrate yourself in one that already exists and your happiness grows with each activity you immerse yourself in. If you can then make it into a career, even better! The point is to occupy yourself with your hobbies, include other people like yourself in your hobbies and go have fun doing what you love.

When we do what we love, it does not become work. It becomes fun and you would willingly throw out weekends and not NEED vacations from your hobby. You will do what you love and put in the extra care and passion so not only are you fulfilled, but your peers and later your customers are constantly coming back to you to share in your infecting happiness.

With NoFap, I've had the drive and passion to write these posts for all those struggling with dating and happiness in general. With Nofap you can have the drive and passion to do what you love, and surround yourself with peers who support what you love to do and eventually attract a significant other who will be your cheerleader to your champion.

The world is yours, the path to your passion is guided by your heart. It's like a metal detector, just keep scanning and trying things until your heart screams for you to not leave and to keep doing it. The more happier people in this world, the less crime and hate and the less wars and more functional and happy families. It all starts with you :)

MeTP likes this.