1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fear of Failure

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Rodrigov600, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Rodrigov600

Rodrigov600 Fapstronaut

"Behind fear there is great reward", but just how overcoming fear can be rewarding, it can be mentally tolling if you don't just rip through it. Sometimes it is fairly easy to rip through fear, other times that level of fear is too big to take on. Fear is defined as "being afraid of (someone or something) as likely to be dangerous, painful, or threatening". Fear is a defense mechanism that keeps us from danger, it keeps us in the light, it keeps us alive and well.

Fear is what kept our ancestors alive, to perpetuate the next generation and so on so forth, carrying with each generation the knowledge of the previous one. Many ages later, here we are no longer running from mammoths and saber cats. Compared to the very first generation, we are the kings of the world and we definitely are. Fear is not needed as much today, and it hinders us from channeling into our best capabilities. Fear keeps us alive and well, but it keeps us in mediocrity. If you are here right now it is because you are tired of mediocrity, you have taken on fear by pursuing Nofap.

Fear in today's terms can be a plethora of things: From the fear of pursuing what your truly love to the fear of never finding a suitable companion. It is absolutely normal to be fearful of this, I have been there done that and got the T-shirt. Humanity fears the unknown, we fear never topping our current situation so we settle for less. Fear is very much like a hallucination showing you false outcomes instead of the true rewards. Fear clouds your ambition, your security, your self esteem and your confidence. Do not worry though, just like Nofap all it takes is discipline and persistence to overcome fear, and a little bit of planning too.

To overcome fear you have to look at where you want to go. You have to look at the rewards and where you want to be in life. When you achieve a certain level of success but it isn't what you want, you are entitled to the best of the best. That means dropping what mediocrity you have for the best of either parties (Whether a relationship, job, hobby). Loneliness is a veil that clouds your self esteem and self confidence to go for what you want, but it is not the end all be all by any means.

By creating space for what you want, you let what you want come to you. if you already have had that space in your life to attract what you want, then all it takes is for you to put yourself in a position to allow what you want to come into your life. Whether it be studying for that career you want, applying for jobs/gigs, or putting yourself in situations where you attract friends or girlfriends that best suit to your liking.

Behind fear there is great reward. Social fear comes as a result of toxic parenting. It may come as a result from other past traumas or failures. It is all in your head, as life is not defined by what happens, but by the meaning you put to it. Flip that script and acknowledge you were ill equipped for that situation, whatever it may have been. Acknowledge that you were ill equipped with the tools to be successful, then embrace the mistake for teaching you where you went wrong. Embrace that mistake, love it despite it being painful to remember and realize that it was meant to happen because of your unpreparedness and no matter what approach you'd change, you'd get the same result. Now that you embraced your mistake, you have a new tool in your shed of tools. Head back out there and use your tool to dodge that mistake and win the situation you want for yourself.

The fear part kicks in when you want to go back to use your newly acquired tool. The fear part whispers: "Don't do it... remember the great pain we suffered? It's gonna suck I can promise you that! Don't do it for the sake of our livelihood"

That's when you whisper right back "Don't worry, It's either I get what I want or I get what I want but I am not settling for mediocrity".