1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hair loss due to masturbation genetics

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Proll, May 24, 2017.

1. Proll

Proll New Fapstronaut

Good day

I masturbated since I was 14 years old and started lossing hair. Last year I rebooted for 3-4 months and there was improvements in my hair growth. So I started fapping again and now Im not for the past 3 weeks.

There is no family member of mine that suffers from hair loss. So is hair loss caused by fapping, genetics related?

Would appreciate the responses. Thanks in advance

AndySky180 and LivinginRecovery like this.
  2. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and sometimes challenge you but not judge you.

Check out In Case You Didn't Know for strategies and tips which may help you along your journey.

3. I refuse to fap

I refuse to fap Fapstronaut

Hey! This is the same problem I am having...the worst thing is I found out about masturbation when I was about 6 or 7 years old and since now I am 16 years old I still haven't stopped but I have realised that my hair was getting thinner and thinner...obviously after some deep research I found out that yes masturbation can and will cause hair loss and hair thinning and that is because it deprives the body of natural vitamins and minerals that are essential for hair growth as well as it helps produce DHT which is the leading cause of hair loss. I really hope I can get my hair back and I wish you the best too!

4. The_Monk

The_Monk Guest

Hair loss and acne due to masturbation is as true as the presence of the air. DHT is the main cause of receding hairline. Fappers out there are against this myth, becoz they are so enjoyed in this addiction that they dont want to realise the reality. Stop pmo

Akt1 and LivinginRecovery like this.
  5. Dake1963

Dake1963 Fapstronaut

Is there any evidence for this assertion that fapping is connected to hair loss ?

LivinginRecovery likes this.
  6. LivinginRecovery

LivinginRecovery Fapstronaut

I think there is something to it. I'm a baldie and although I don't believe that my hair will come back as it was I have noticed a decrease in the bald spot when I have gone a certain length of time without fapping to excess. It appears to be re-populated with hairs and closes up marginally. Because I have never gone any significant length of time without PMO/MO I can't say whether this will close up totally. Only time will tell. I'm actually okay with being bald (I shave it down to zero) so that's something but it's an interesting area of study.

The_Monk likes this.
  7. The_Monk

The_Monk Guest

Baldness is absolutly stylish. Baldness is nothing to be embarrassed off. We must be embarrassed of our pmo addiction. Embrace the baldness :)

Akt1, D . J . and LivinginRecovery like this.
  8. LivinginRecovery

LivinginRecovery Fapstronaut

I will indeed sir, thank you :cool:

Akt1 and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Xavier Simoes

Xavier Simoes New Fapstronaut

Okay so the thing is ive been applying castor oil like its been 4 months some can see change in my hair but i have bald spot on my crown. and i masturbate everyday 2-3 time so maybe that was a reason i dint see any change on the crown. as now il stop doing it and have a better life with my new hair :)

10. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

How are you today?

11. ConstraintsTheory

ConstraintsTheory Fapstronaut

I used to have a thick head of hair I'm talking about like a mop. I rocked long hair before it was a thing now a days. Now I have a receding hairline and I'm riddled with grey hairs.

Anyway, hair loss is also related to environmental stressors. Also I've read that hair loss is something we inherit from our mothers. There is a strong case from what I've researched that leads to PMO being a cause of hair loss now I'm not sure if I buy into that it might be true it might not. Guess I'll find out I'm approaching 30 days and haven't noticed anything.

My point I'm trying to make is there is also other factors that can contribute to hair loss just because you stopped PMO doesn't necessarily mean you'll regrow your hair there are other things to consider.

D . J . likes this.