1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Guilty Pleasures

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by SolitaryScribe, Jan 18, 2018.

1. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

I'm a guy and I like scented candles...

What are your weird guilty pleasures.

Lt.dan, tiredofbeingtired and kropo82 like this.
  2. Stationery: pens, notebooks, post its, etc.

3. Mine is the weirdest one of all and it's really specific, I like the smell of fresh rubber like from car tires. Ever since I was a kid it just smelt really nice to me and I don't know why. lol

4. You win! HEHE

5. Honest answer is backpacks... kind of like how some women love purses I LOVE backpacks.

6. I have to admit I have a warm fuzzy feeling entering Office Depot as well...

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. No joke, I could spend hours in office supply stores. In fact I probably have, to be honest.

"Guilty pleasures," however, is a bit different... not sure that's the right phrase for the direction this thread is going. It sounds like we are talking more about quirks.

Like if I were to say what my guilty pleasure is, I suppose I would say lame TV dramas (like Switched at Birth) or reality shows (like Hotel Hell).

But as for weird quirks... well, I definitely relate to the office supplies one. I also like the smell of rubber, Sarah, so you're not alone in that. I also really love the smell of sawdust, wood, and fresh stain. My dad owned a cabinet shop my whole life, so I love that smell. Really nostalgic for me.

The only other unique one I can think of at the moment is that I love watching videos of things being cleaned. Like going from super dirty to super clean. Or organization videos with before and after shots. Or especially laser cleaning and steam cleaning. I also like cleaning and organizing, myself. I'm kind of an obsessive organizer. I'm always reorganizing things that don't need to be reorganized, because I run out of things to organize so I just do it all again and change things up. Lol

8. @CassTeaElle now that I think about it youre right, it would be a quirk.

Ok. Trying this again. Guilty pleasures:
    • Small dogs, especially Corgis.
    • Lucky Star by Madonna.

9. Have you ever seen that laser rust zapper thing!!! I could watch that for hours!

10. Uh, hell yeah I have! Haha it's amazing. Steam cleaning is pretty powerful too. I've always wanted a steamer, and I've decided to gift one to myself when I hit 100 days clean:)

kropo82 likes this.
  11. GigglingTrout

GigglingTrout Fapstronaut

Hallmark Channel original movies. (especially the Christmas ones)

I'm a sucker for romcoms

12. BarkingDogs

BarkingDogs Fapstronaut

Yep. Same here. Yankee Candles ;-)

SolitaryScribe likes this.
  13. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

I’ve watched every Star Trek episode, movie, and Star Trek documentaries in existence. And loved every fucking second of it.

Merovingian and GigglingTrout like this.
  14. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

Do you like the smell of gasoline as well? I find a lot of people love that smell

15. Even though it's kinda gross, yes I do like that smell as well actually. Not diesel though, I have a sophisticated sense of smell. lol

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  16. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

Diesel smells awful

17. BarkingDogs

BarkingDogs Fapstronaut

Have you ever smelled it when you let air out of the valve of the tyre? That's an overpowering smell

18. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

I don't know why, but I do like the smell of gasoline. I bet I could find gas scented air fresheners somewhere on the internet.
    My brother is a truck driver he smells like it a lot of times. That shits nasty.

Deleted Account and gsherman100 like this.
  19. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

@Rick C-137. Omg I just noticed your name. I guess Rick and Morty is a guilty pleasure of mine. Ahhh geeeez.

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  20. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

C'mon Morty we gotta go on an adventure.

Rebooter45674 likes this.