1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Gotta get outta this maze

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by 707out, Aug 18, 2017.

1. 707out

707out Fapstronaut

Hello all, I'm glad i found this. Day one is over in about an hour. I'm writing this down so it's on record.

I randomly stumbled on this topic last night, and never knew this community or idea was so widely embraced. I've known for awhile that PMO is not good, but I'm finally doing something about it.

No doubt, this will be a long and difficult road for me. I have an addictive personality, but have been trying to exercise more self discipline in other areas of my life (professionally/domestically).

I'm sure I'll relapse, but want to give this as much as I got. Hoping that success with this area of my life will lead to success in other aspects of my life.

I wasn't aware of the numerous benefits (cognitive/emotional/physical/social) but is all the more reason to quit PMO.

this is my first step.

2. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and sometimes challenge you but not judge you.

The enemy is here to steal, kill and destroy. What are your current strategies for combating the enemy called PMO?

3. 707out

707out Fapstronaut

focusing on work, pushups,/situps or another creative outlet, or just leaving my apartment to walk/run when the urge gets overwhelming is my only strategy right now. maybe i'll right all my feelings down here if i can't focus.

combining that with mentally reminding myself of the benefits of abstaining, and the dangers of failing and the loss of the hard work that i put in so far.

4. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut