1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Got rejected by one of my biggest crushes...

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Namekian23, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Lately I’ve been trying to get over being heartbroken during the last 2 weeks. It was with one of my biggest crushes that I’ve known for over 10 years! I remember meeting her during my high school years, but for the most part, it was actually through my best friend’s younger sister. It took me almost a year to realize that I had a huge crush on her. However, I never told her the truth because I was afraid of being rejected and the fact she teased me of being a little weird. She was always into the bad boys: loud, overconfident, dominant, and all the traits of the alpha male. For me, however, I was none of that.

One thing I did know was that I really, really liked her. Our friendship wasn’t the strongest, but we had respect for each other and cared for one another. I would say that as far as female friends go, she would be the best one. So fast forward 10 years now. My best friend had a wedding 2 weeks ago, and she was invited. After not seeing her in 6 years, I finally had the courage to tell her the truth during my friend’s big day. I remember telling her how I felt, how much I liked her, and so on.

Unfortunately, I was turned down in one of my biggest rejections to date. She told me she never had feelings for me, that she was flattered that I liked her the whole time, and that we would always be friends and nothing more. But HOW could this be?!?! I knew what I did wrong from the beginning, and I realized that it was my fault the whole time. My crush had liked a lot of guys, so maybe she might have slightly liked me without me knowing.

I remember one time I told her on Christmas (out of all the holidays) that I didn’t kept her new number. I honestly thought that she was trying to reach me out of desperation or something. Only because years ago she had a chaotic meltdown and everything in her life was falling into pieces. I was there to support her through Facebook, but nothing more than that. I never wanted to be with someone at a time when they were vulnerable. It’s just a dick thing to do. But ever since I rejected her number, I tried a few times to tell her how I truly felt. And the last time, like I said, was when my best friend got married. She rejected me face to face and I still can’t believe that it happened. Even though we’re still technically friends, I realized that I was the asshole all along. I ruined my chance with one of the biggest crushes of my life…

2. Atlanticus

Atlanticus Moderator Assistant
    NoFap Defender

Sounds intense...and MF friendships can be tricky, but neither one of you sounds promising for following your "crush:" she a man-eater who never came on to you and treated you like a brother (a clear signal), and you with a toxic mix of insecurity, wishfulness, passivity, and vanity (a reliable "doesn't-get-the-girl" strategy).

So... back to the business at hand: NoFap's great in this context. You get to clean up, grow, strengthen your higher self, and get healthier -- all ways to get to a much better place in the future and let bygones be just that.

Best of success!

3. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

No.

You didn't ruin it.

She just isn't interested. She's an individual with her own thoughts, feelings, circumstances, interests, and life experiences. It just so happens that you're not what she has in mind for dating.

You wouldn't known that fact recently or if you asked her on a date 10 years ago. You merely delayed the outcome by procrastinating and fearing the uncertainty.

"If I just did this and that perfectly, then she would be into me."
    "If I just acted like someone that I'm not, then she would be into me."

No......... she's simply not interested in you.

You could've moved on much sooner rather than dragging this out. Instead you chose to not take action and invest massive amounts of emotional attachment to an outcome that you feared might not happen.

You don't have to be loud, overconfident, and dominant if that's not who you are. You have to find a way to value yourself more. Value what you want more. Have the self respect to go for what you want. To not depend your self worth on another person's approval. Where you're enjoying being on your own path, being in your own company, and leaving the choice to others whether or not they want to join you on that path.

4. It's better to not have feelings for anyone. Maybe you be cold and not care for anyone? Anyway she sounds like completely stupid bitch so forget her.

Benixana likes this.
  5. TheManDude

TheManDude Fapstronaut

Dude, the only thing to do is move on, she told you that she does not like you and well... that's that. If she knows how you are and doesn't like you even if you start something it would probably be a bad relationship, so best to go your way.

Also keep the friendship, that's hard to come by and if you both can do that then it's great.

I know that moving on looks really difficult but nothing worth it in life is easy, love yourself and learn from the experience... Good luck brother, I wish you the best.

torrace likes this.
  6. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Yeah I hear what you're saying. After being rejected that night, I went to my house and thought to myself for a while. Even though I didn't kept her number a few years ago, she continued to be my friend, and we never lost our friendship since. I went back to her that evening, maned up, and told her that she was still a beautiful girl and that if she ever found a guy that respected her, I hoped that he would do it to the fullest. She smiled and gave a nice warm hug.

Even though she rejected me, she still saw that I was always a really nice guy and a great person. On the other hand, you're right about my insecurities, passiveness, and so on. I think after this experience, I will begin to focus on what's really important. I do have goals in mind and dreams that I want to pursue, so getting over this embarrassment won't be too much of a problem. Besides, I've been hurt way worse and I'm glad I still have her as friend.

7. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Please, I ask of you to not call her a stupid bitch. I hear where you're coming from and I'm glad that you're acknowledging my current situation. But just to let you know, she actually told me night that I was a really nice guy and a great person. She said she'll always love me like family and I was more than happy to accept that. We're still friends and that's all that matters. And yes, it's time to finally move on, and I think I'm getting to that point.

Fap 5 Freddy likes this.
  8. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Yes, everything you said makes a lot of sense. I could mope about this for weeks on end. But the fact that I was willing to come back to her that night and call her a beautiful girl and a great friend, just shows my level of maturity as well. I could have called her a bitch, yelled at her, made a scene, and so on. I could have ruined the friendship at that moment if I wanted to, but I didn't. I fully accepted her rejection, and we're still friends. She even gave a nice warm hug that evening just to show her appreciation. Not only do I get to move on, but so can she. As for following my own path and everything else, I do have my life kind of figured out. I'll be moving to another state, looking for better job, and meeting new people along the way. I'm very excited, but more than anything, I'm also glad that this experience with her is finally over.

ZelCikal likes this.
  9. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Yeah the truth does hurt, but it also sets you free. At that moment, it was like hitting a brick wall only to realize that it wasn't so bad. As for keeping the friendship, I did just that. It's rare to find a female friend like her, and even though she rejected me, she still gave me a hug and called me a nice guy and a great person. Other than that, thanks for your advice and wishing me the best.

10. nef

nef Fapstronaut

nice guys finish last it happens bro

Ra's Al Ghul and Deleted Account like this.
  11. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Word

12. Becoming Jasmine

Becoming Jasmine Fapstronaut

It’s good to see you moving on.

I can relate to the feeling somewhat. I had a crush for about 2 years, and she ended up hating me for no reason. Like really REALLY hating me.

And yeah, it sucked. Your situation is better, but still, I can sorta relate. I’m glad to see this all working out. You handled it very well. You and her are friends, and that’s that.

Hope you have luck finding love someplace else!

torrace likes this.
  13. TheManDude

TheManDude Fapstronaut

That's cool and i'm glad I could be of some help!

Becoming Jasmine and Namekian23 like this.
  14. Lostbutfound

Lostbutfound Fapstronaut

15. Atlanticus

Atlanticus Moderator Assistant
    NoFap Defender

GREAT! Friendship is golden! Besides, I'm not sure "hurt" is the word; it sounded more like a cold-shower reality check. Either way, you sound much more positive and focused on gaining inner strength. Best of success!

Becoming Jasmine and Namekian23 like this.
  16. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Thanks man. It's good to know that some people have similar experiences to others. It just lets you know that you're not alone; furthermore, this is one of the reasons why I love the Nofap community. We're all here to support one another. Besides that, your situation with your crush was definitely a lot worse than mine. But just to let you know, I've had something similar to that as well lol. But that was years before I met her. You see, everyone has something in common.

Becoming Jasmine likes this.
  17. Becoming Jasmine

Becoming Jasmine Fapstronaut

Oh yeah. It definitely was worse.

The thing is, I still wanted to be friends, even when it was clear that she didn’t want a relationship with me. Although I didn’t ever actually tell her, I know she knew that too, because she made out with her new boyfriend right in front of my locker at every opportunity.

Anyway, I’m not trying to throw a pity party for myself on your thread. My point is just that I’m glad you and her have been able to remain friends, because that’s not always the case, and it shows you two have a pretty special relationship.

Namekian23 and Atlanticus like this.