1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

got rejected by girl on train but .....

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Islanders190, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Islanders190

Islanders190 Fapstronaut

there was this cute girl sitting next to me on the train reading a text book. the train was crowded and I was debating whether to say something to her. I was so nervous theres people everywhere what are they going to think etc. it took me a few minutes of debating with the monkey chatter in my head on whether or not to talk to her. so I just instantly said studying for finals ? she shook her head, smiled and went back to reading. I FELT SO GOOD AFTER DOING THIS. i I didn't die after I talked to her, people didn't care on the train nor probably heard me. saying something to her wasn't no where close to how bad my mind was making it thus creating my nervousness. it's like a person who has fear of public speaking, there so nervous, but once there presentation is over, they realize it wasnt as bad as they thought

2. Audere est Facere

Audere est Facere Fapstronaut

i am so glad you went ahead and said something! 99% of people just won't get it out of their mind because they can't stomach rejection.

totally agree with your experience.

Just yesterday, I was at the mall and talked to a girl. She wasn't interested, but I was euphoric after!

Also, you'll be surprised for every 5 girls who are not social , you'll find another one who'll get into a meaningful conversation with you! I have made many connections like that! IT's not about what you say, but that you say something!

3. Islanders190

Islanders190 Fapstronaut

man that high you get off of just approaching is one of the best feelings ever. I felt like I just won the world series. bonus would be actually connecting with the girl but man your right about that eurpohic feeling. even though my focus isn't on girls right now though would like to have one for whatever. sometimes you just see a girl that you find attractive and it's like even though your on NoFap why not talk to her and see ? I got ways to go though approach anxiety is something that I have struggled with in the past but I'll take today and you take yesterday as a win for us

The |E|volutionary and runfastmd like this.
  4. Tesslynne

Tesslynne Guest

I love that too.
    Believe it or not, some women can WANT to approach and have approach anxiety. Men in my city don't seem to approach anyone sometimes I get approached, but it is rare and so I want to approach guys and I am pretty terrified of rejection. So I am really proud of you too!
    I don't know if it is true, but some people say it can be a numbers game and it's hard to keep putting ourselves out there but keep doing this sort of thing and some women WILL respond really positively.
    I think also it's good to have the "result" the "win" that we DO approach etc. Regardless of result, not the outcome. Just so pleased to read about this, really. And it is not easy to approach a stranger so well done!

5. douggie1962

douggie1962 Fapstronaut

“We all need somebody to talk to. It would be good if we talked; not just pitter-patter, but “real” talk. We shouldn’t be so afraid, because most people really like this contact; that you show you are vulnerable makes them free to be vulnerable. It’s so much easier to be together when we drop our masks.”
    Liv Ullmann, Words of Wisdom

Be Strong My Friend.

6. Green_Tea

Green_Tea Fapstronaut

Just keep doing these kinds of things, they add up quickly. This is very similar to what I've done to overcome alot of my social anxiety. Great work my friend, keep it up!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    runfastmd and Tesslynne like this.
  7. runfastmd

runfastmd Fapstronaut

Awesome! Not an easy thing to do. For me once I recognize fear of rejection for what it is, I am able to put it aside, though it takes practice!

The |E|volutionary likes this.
  8. thefaptrap

thefaptrap Fapstronaut

Thats awesome, i know the feeling of approaching anxiety. Not easy to talk to people you dont know. for me, when in that situation knowing and telling myself, they're just human as you. Have faults like you. But also, they might be really cool. If something comes out of it, you've just made a familiar face on the bus, maybe you'll get a node next time, maybe not. But you did it for you, regardless of outcome. and that what counts.

9. Islanders190

Islanders190 Fapstronaut

hey thanks for replying ! so as a women your okay with guys approaching you ? like you know why there approaching you ?

Krutonpalmer3 likes this.
  10. Krutonpalmer3

Krutonpalmer3 Fapstronaut

Good question I'm curious to here the response on this one too

11. Tesslynne

Tesslynne Guest

Of course I am. If I am not interested in him, I'm still gracious and polite to him about it. I know it must take a guy a lot of guts to do that & I appreciate his efforts.

12. Tesslynne

Tesslynne Guest

And like, the most recent one was last Friday night, at karaoke a guy sang his song then he walked over to me & started chatting. He asked if we can exchange numbers and text & I nicely turned him down but then kept talking to him about what songs he was wanting to sing next, karaoke, etc and I listened to what he said. I'm usually pretty nice. On the odd occasion they start to follow me around the neighbourhood - 2 guys did that I'll chat to them but tell them no & lose them
    By going into a shop. Don't follow them around the block on their way home! But approaching us normally is fine :)

Audere est Facere likes this.
  13. Tesslynne

Tesslynne Guest

And what if you approach then and they ARE interested?!!

14. Tesslynne

Tesslynne Guest

PS A couple of times I have literally complemented a guy, got nervous and ran away!!

Aiyoshi likes this.
  15. Audere est Facere

love the female perpsective!

I always knew this because you've got to respect a set of iron spheres when you see them!

Tesslynne likes this.
  16. Audere est Facere

Really appreciate graceful girls who are good sports like you. Some girls just get bewildered, and others love to use it as an opportunity to lash out their inner frustrations!

none of it gets to me coz i'm secure in who i am :)

The |E|volutionary and Tesslynne like this.
  17. Audere est Facere

I actually signed up for the "Do one thing that scares you" (it's not a program, it's just something I decided to do), because of anxiety. Basic thoughts of talking to a girl would give me BAD NERVES!

I am exactly where you are. Even though I am not seeking anything, and have a lot of other things I do to keep me busy. Gym and Study, Prayers, Friends, I still got tired of saying "I'm too busy to talk to a girl" or " I am above every approaching girls! They come to me" (total bullshit)

Talking to girls is how I make my life interesting and it's the X factor, that I love having!

Islander190, on a side note, i think it's so cool how we totally disagreed on the other post , but we're like twins here hahah.. aint that a trip!

I feel you!! HAHA, love the World Series analogy.

I actually connected with a girl today! This was a tricky situation coz she was sitting and talking with an older lady, and this was in starbucks. I totally scoped her checking me out, and i said fuck it, let's go!

i walked up to her and mentioned how she reminded me of a friend.. bla bla bla.. i ended up befriending her aunt, and got the girls number... while the whole cafe envied my panache ;)

i had a pen and she wrote it on a piece of paper too! classic

18. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

isn't this thread topic a book

19. Islanders190

Islanders190 Fapstronaut

lol that is true about agreeing on this post. people who say im to busy to meet women or i dont have time is an excuse. if you were to break down what they do in a day minute by minute you will find that them saying I don't have time to meet women or I'm to busy is just an excuse. I heard this somewhere and it's so true. take away mindless surfing for example and use that 1 hour of surfing to talk to girls. I like your do ome,thing that scare you once a day. anxiety for me at times can be brutal. and good job on the Starbucks girl. what type of look did she give you for you to know it's the signal to go up to her ? or it didn't matter once eye contact was made just approach ? I guess what I'm asking is for you what are signs that a girl would like one be approached by you. I love the x factor part to. like I said anxiety is brutal for me at times but talking to random girls does give you that excimentment in life

20. Tesslynne

Tesslynne Guest

Islanders but sometimes work gets so busy I literally have 3 hours a day to myself including dinner time & bath time?

I still feel like you might be right though...time HAS been an issue for me in meeting men OFFline although at least I don't work weekends. Sometimes I am so tired by then, but I guess I could still use some of that time.

I think that OP talked to a train girl is good - sometimes the only place I see guys I fancy IS on the train to or from work!!