1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Got my testosterone blood results on NoFap day 214. Not what I expected!!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by mgz069, Sep 12, 2018.

1. ClaritySeeker

ClaritySeeker Fapstronaut

2. Look into KSM-66, it's ashwagandha, lowers cortisol, can have knockon impact on T levels

DaveHana likes this.
  3. DaveHana

DaveHana Fapstronaut

@ClaritySeeker Thanks for doing the work and providing those links. Veganism and eating a more type vegetarian diet for the benefit of increased testosterone appear to have some correlation, but I think it's a stretch to flatly claim that "vegans have higher testosterone levels than meat eaters" based on the links you provided. Also, men should think twice about soy with respect to testosterone levels: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17416779

I'm not dismissing the idea that a more plant based diet could have benefits, but I think it would be prudent for guys to do a lot of research before going vegan.

4. I would point out that TRT (Testosterone Replacement Therapy) is becoming the norm and therefore I wouldn't trust the high levels these websites or forums promote. If you exercise well, have decent strength and endurance levels, eat a balanced diet majority of the time, sleep generously then no matter the result, you will have a healthy T level. It may be wrong, but that's what I have come to conclude after seeing few people on facebook workout groups who hopped on TRT and many who are natural beasts yet don't have the T levels which their performance suggests.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. jorg78

jorg78 Fapstronaut

So NoFap lower testosterone long-term?

6. Yeah I need to look into that Ashwagandha now, I heard about it.

Low test could simply be a vitamin D deficiency.

3000 UI of vitamin D (1, 3 times a day) will increase Testosterone by a wopping 25%. Holly fuck! I been taking 1 a day and now I bumped it to 3.

I've also put together a grocery list of foods to eat. I'm going to get my test checked in the next week and again in 6-8 weeks to see the difference. Last time I got tested many years ago I was on the high end of good.

Go through the first few pages of google searching for foods and make your own list. Just be careful to not eat too many calories or you will put on weight. Test is in the good fats. Salmon, eggs, brazil and macodamian nuts, coconut oil which I already been using for cognition, avocados, then you got things like red grapes, canned tuna, bananas, cauliflower even broccoli, potato's, even apples, man I got a whole list and I can't wait to start incorporating it in my diet. Unfortunately I'm living pay check to pay check and have stuff on after pay so the book "the man diet" will have to wait another two weeks.

7. ClaritySeeker

Just be careful not to overdose on Vitamin D, is a fat soluble vitamin and you build up stores in your fat, eventually leading to vitamin D toxicity. I wouldn't take more than 2000 IU daily without a doctor's supervision.

I would avoid saturated fats, they lead to heart attacks and strokes - this means avoiding eggs and coconut oil. I would also avoid canned tuna, it's full of mercury.

I've studied this stuff, so no disrespect, just letting you know the facts. The other foods you mentioned are ok...

8. jorg78

jorg78 Fapstronaut

I thought 10 000 IU was the maximum limit?

Personally, I think we know to little about saturated fats and eggs. I think they are okay if you exercise and keep a healthy weight. (My opinion)

9. ClaritySeeker

You should go check your vitamin D level periodically. The higher the dose you take for the a longer amount of time, the more it builds up in your body. If you're only doing it for a short period of time, then you should be ok, but not long-term.

Also check out these educational videos about eggs to clear up any controversies:
    https://nutritionfacts.org/video/who-says-eggs-arent-healthy-or-safe/
    https://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-cholesterol-patently-false-and-misleading-claims/
    https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-our-gut-bacteria-can-use-eggs-to-accelerate-cancer/

jorg78 likes this.
  10. jorg78

jorg78 Fapstronaut

Thank you for providing me sources, I would really love more than one source though..

11. ClaritySeeker

His videos have multiple sources, just click the sources tab @jorg78 under his videos

jorg78 likes this.
  12. jorg78

jorg78 Fapstronaut

Thanks! :emoji_v:

13. There are side effects of excess supplemental vitamin D, however that study was a year long and that does tell me it must be safe. Having said that I do need to look further into excess vitamin D and I will be asking my doctor next time I see him.

Eggs, eggs are fine bro, 3 a day, no problem.

I'm aware of the mercury in tuna and I know I can have 2 large cans a week and I can't remember if it was 3-4 small cans a week.

Coconut oil I've been having daily first thing in the morning, 1 table spoon, it has 4 times the MCTs in it which is good for the brain. I've cleaned up half a bottle. I cook with olive oil and only eat red meat once a week now days but I'm looking to see how I can add more eggs without getting into a calorie surplus. Diet is one thing I'm trying to dial down on at the moment. In fact tomorrow I'll be doing my count up. I've also got a source for you guys, 50 ways to increase your testosterone so stay tuned for that. I'm just watching saving private Ryan and typing this on my iPad but I'll return tomorrow with that link. Thanks for the heads up, I'll also speak to my doctor about the coconut oil and I've found a dietitian who I may be seeing soon as well but right now I can't see any excess saturated fat now or in the future. I'm thinking 2-3 eggs 2-3 times a week, tuna 3-4 times a week, salmon 240g twice a week. Coconut oil daily, red meat once a week, handful of nuts daily and a bunch of other stuff. My diet will get better every week.

14. ClaritySeeker

Trust me on the coconut oil, not good. Check out this article: https://www.theguardian.com/food/2018/aug/22/coconut-oil-is-pure-poison-says-harvard-professor.

I also wouldn't have more than 1 can of tuna in 1 week. There is no amount of mercury that is healthy for you. It may be tolerable at low levels, but tuna has one of the the highest mercury levels.

Eggs have been associated with heart disease and diabetes. I wouldn't have more than 1-2 in a week. Ask your doctor how many nutrition courses he took in med school.

Most doctors don't know about nutrition, they don't learn it in medical school.

Anyways, just a friendly debate, I love to talk about nutrition, it's something that I follow and interests me a lot =]

BestVersionToday likes this.
  15. jorg78

jorg78 Fapstronaut

Honestly, I just think it's trial and error. Some foods are good for some. Other don't. Depend on how genetics come to play as well. Things to consider

16. I might just start having 1/2 a tablespoon 3 times a week of the coconut oil because I don't need the fat and I can do without it. At the end of the day, all I do is get my cholesterol checked and there won't be any issues.

With tuna 3 small cans a week is fine, you can look into it, there are canned tuna calculators you can use. Anyway, I use to eat it every day and had no issues. As for the mercury, a certain amount is fine, its too much that the body can't tolerate. And come to think of it I may have 1/2 a table spoon of coconut oil a day because its good for fat lose. By the way in that link you provided the coconut oil looked like coconut, mine doesn't its as clear as water and the bottle looks really classy but I guess that's beside the point. Coconut oil is high in fat but if I get my cholesterol checked in 6 weeks and its fine then it wouldn't have been the poison they're make it out to be in that link. If it is up I just reduce it again.

Eggs, sorry man but you're wrong again. As I said, you can eat up to 3 egg yokes a day, that's all old out dated bullshit about eggs being bad for you and raising cholesterol and you're saying diabetes now, I never heard that, I don't know how since it has no sugar in it.

Anyhow, here's that link I promised you guys

https://www.anabolicmen.com/how-to-increase-testosterone-levels-naturally/

Number 31 blew my mind.

17. Anyway thanks for the heads up, it's made me more mindful of my cholesterol levels.

18. ClaritySeeker

No worries, let me know if you want more links. I agree with checking your cholesterol, that's a good step to make sure everything is ok. And thanks for keeping the arguments positive, in the true NoFap nature =]

19. ClaritySeeker

Deleted Account likes this.