1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Goal of 1,000 pullups

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Newlife33, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Newlife33

Newlife33 Fapstronaut

I teach in a really nice school district. The kids work hard and I have a lot of free time. To give them some extra motivation, I tell them that for every five minutes that the entire class works perfectly (No side chatter, focused and on task) I will do a pullup after school. My goal was to do 1,000 by the end of the school year in June.

It is now February and I am on pullup number 775! My back and posture are great, my core is strong and I just feel light and more confident then ever. It's amazing how taking small steps and including others in my journey have helped me build up my strength. Slow and steady!

2. )N
    Good work. Its things like taking care of ourselves that helps in recovery from PMO.

Deleted Account and Nugget9 like this.
  3. Well done.

Couple of safety notes just in case you didn't know (I've had to do a lot of research due to injuries):

Pullups can really do a number on your elbow tendons over time if you do them off the bar. Instead get yourself gymnastic rings and straps, so your joints can move more naturally.

You might want to look into inverted rows. For shoulder health you should be doing more horizontal pulling (rowing) than vertical pulling (pullups).

All that said you're probably way stronger than me at the moment lol...thanks for the motivation and reporting the benefits.

keep fighting

4. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

You're a Navy fucking SEAL!

5. That's awesome! Cool story.

6. Newlife33

Newlife33 Fapstronaut

HAHA!!! Ah man that made my day, thank you! Feels good to have some strength, def does a lot for my self confidence.

7. Much respect, pull ups are tough with that number you must have a handshake the crushes bones

8. AncestralWarrior

AncestralWarrior Fapstronaut

Loving the attitude! Pullups are some of the most challenging exercises out there, and as a regular gym-goer, martial artist, boxer and runner, I make sure I practice my pullups no less than five times a week. Keep pressing on!