1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Goal: Find girlfriend in 2 weeks.(March 2018)

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Iron_Polack, Mar 2, 2018.

Can I do it?

1. You will do it!

20 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. No, you can't.

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. Iron_Polack

Iron_Polack Fapstronaut

Hi all!

Sorry for my English mistakes, I am from Poland but living in the U.S.

Introduction:

I heard about NoFap in October. After several trials and fails, and had experienced one of the most terrible moment in my life, I decided to end PMO. Since January, it is no more PMO in my life.

I am 20, and I never had a girlfriend! Well, I had a girlfriend when I was 9, but something went wrong since then. When I moved to a new city, I became shy guy, played video games 10 hours per day and did not socialize. In age of 16, I started to work on these issues, and now it is MUCH better than it was. But I still have no girlfriend!

So, I am placing a goal: Find a girlfriend!

In this two weeks, from March 3 to March 17, I am going to find a girlfriend. I post this treat and promise to all NoFap community that I will do it!

What I am going to do:

1. Approach girls. It is by far the hardest part, even though about it makes me anxious. I saw a lot of videos, where guys approached girls on street, in cafe, in library and in other places, but I never did it myself.

2. Get numbers. Suppose I will get courage to approach women, next I need to ask her for number and make it clear that I like her. Again, it is thing that I never done.

3. Ask her for a date. If I completed first 2 points, it is already a huge victory for me. But I need go until the end, so ask her for a date will be necessary to accomplish goal. I don't want to be stuck in the friend zone.

4. Get a girlfriend! Final point. If I do it and write that I have a girlfriend, goal will be completed!

"You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it."

It is what I will be doing. Even approach girl will require a lot of courage, so it will be a real challenge. I will report in this treat every day, describing what I did to accomplish goal. Am I tried to approach, am I get a phone number or was rejected? You will know it.

If I am fail, I am going to donate $100 to NoFap, as well as all of you guys will know that I had failed.

I want to find girlfriend very much, so I will put full efforts to accomplish it.

I ask everyone who reading this article to share your experience, about how you approach girls and how you overcome fear.

Wish me luck and vote in poll.

-Polack

2. Quality

Quality Fapstronaut

I think this is a great idea and will be amazing for you but if you’re looking for a long time relationship, there’s no hurry. If you’re rushing to get a girlfriend as fast as you can you’ll miss out on true love (cheesy sorry). Hope you do well!

Hitto, calmthestorm and GG2002 like this.
  3. Anon117

Anon117 Fapstronaut

4. vineyard

vineyard Fapstronaut

powodzenia Brachu ;) działaj!

5. scote73

scote73 Fapstronaut

This all sounds great, Iron Pollack! Please come back periodically and tell us about your experience, I'm interested to hear about what you learn and the strategies you try to implement to accomplish this goal. Good luck!

Iron_Polack likes this.
  6. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

It's great that you want to find a girlfriend. The one problem I see is you're putting 2 weeks on there as if something horrible would happen to you if you didn't get one in time. It could also put you under pressure that otherwise wouldn't be there.

7. I don't really like the aim of this challenge. I like that you are trying to approach new people, but setting twoweeks to find a girlfriend doesn't seem like a good idea.

8. Anon117

Anon117 Fapstronaut

Why not?

9. calmthestorm

calmthestorm Fapstronaut

How about just using this two weeks to practice talking to chics and then you can move on to asking them out when you feel confident enough. small steps would be a better way to go about this.

narf likes this.
  10. Iron_Polack

Iron_Polack Fapstronaut

I have deadline clear deadline, so I will put efforts to achieve it. Otherwise, I tend to procrastinate. I think 2 weeks will be more than enough.

11. Iron_Polack

Iron_Polack Fapstronaut

It is a great advice. But if I would not meet new people, I cannot be memorable. My goal is to meet new people, particularly girls.;) In this challenge I will be doing it.

12. Iron_Polack

Iron_Polack Fapstronaut

Dziękuję!

13. Iron_Polack

Iron_Polack Fapstronaut

Dziękuję, bracie!

14. Iron_Polack

Iron_Polack Fapstronaut

Ok guys, I am starting. :) I will write here every 2-3 days and report progress.

First, I will ask girls in my English class. It is couple of beautiful girls there, and tomorrow, on Tuesday, I will ask one of them if she want to hang out. Also, I will try to approach girls in cafe. It will be more challenging, but I must do it.

Also, I have an idea for March 8. I will write you about it later. ;)

Peace!

Anon117, Quality and vineyard like this.
  15. Iron_Polack

Iron_Polack Fapstronaut

One week over.

So, on Tuesday I asked girl from my class to hang out. We went on movie, but she has a boyfriend.

On March 8 for the first time in my life, I approached random girl on street. It was very scary at first, but after approach it became easy to talk to her. I got her number, but nothing more. I can't say that I succeeded yet, but approach random girl were my biggest fear. I overcomed it!

I will continue on next week and see what happened.

16. eugenekrabs

eugenekrabs Fapstronaut

Maybe you should do some more approaches and meet some more girls.
    Otherwise you will get in a hurry with your 2 week goal.
    You should eventually try speed dating.

Iron_Polack likes this.
  17. vineyard

vineyard Fapstronaut

Great job approaching girl on the street! Overcoming such a fear requires real spirit!

18. Nugget9

Nugget9 Fapstronaut

Good luck on your girlfriend search. I have a great girlfriend and we have been together for over 15 years and she helps me deal with all of my struggles of being physically disabled. We met on an online dating site but it worked for me on the 3rd girl, she is wonderful to me.

vineyard likes this.
  19. Abird

Abird Fapstronaut

Care to explain how you approached her? Was she bussy with her phone? What did you say to open the convo?

20. It's great you're getting out of your comfort zone but I don't think you should be in such a rush to get a girlfriend. Also it isn't just about getting a girlfriend but maintaining a relationship.

SheMonk likes this.