1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Giving up on dating.

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Hardmode-Monk, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Hardmode-Monk

Hardmode-Monk Fapstronaut

I am a guy who has been told to be good looking. I hear this from strangers and from family. However I have also been compared to a serial killer and a woman once said that I looked retarded. I know that is an offensive term but its what she called me. So I don't know what to think in that department.
    I a few days ago deleted all of my online dating accounts. I am 22 and never went up to a woman and flirted. I am scared to do it because I don't want to be accused of sexual harassment. I also just don't feel like it anymore. That butterfly feeling you get when you really like someone, i never get it anymore. I now find myself to be really annoyed when I am even around women.
    Also my social skills. I have been putting myself out there more and meeting people more. It is easier for me to meet people and to strike up a conversation. However I do not really talk about the topics that interest me. I find myself not really relating to people. i do feel like an outcast to society. I have tried fitting in but I had no success. I tried being myself, I am happier but it is harder to make friends.
    So I guess that I am an average guy who has nothing in common with normal people. Even when I do manage to get a stimulating conversation with a woman going I don't know how to let know I am interested without coming across as a misogynist.
    I have in recent months just stopped trying all together. I don't have that urgency to go out and meet a girl anymore. My sexual experiences were all horrible and so I am not looking for sex. I deleted my online accounts because I kept meeting trashy women. Part of me wants to try, but I also just don't want to.
    Thanks

P.S. I am starting to get used to be alone that I am beginning to get anxiety about the idea of having a relationship. I feel like I can truely be myself when I am not around others and I don't want a girlfriend changing me.

Golgotha likes this.
  2. Jason_Tesla_19

Jason_Tesla_19 Fapstronaut

You're probably being labelled "creepy". Unfortunately, trying too hard to not creep them out, creeps them out!
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/out-the-ooze/201707/how-avoid-creeping-women-out
    https://bigthink.com/laurie-vazquez/how-to-spot-a-creep-according-to-science
    https://www.lovelifesolved.com/afraid-creeping-women-out

Keep putting yourself out there, and cultivate interests. Try to find common ground, or at least try to understand the people. Doing no-PMO does help restore sensitivity to your brain's reward center, so you may find you start enjoying things you didn't before, and life becomes more "colorful".

People are constantly changing. Life changes you. You aren't the same person you were a year ago, and you won't be the same person a year from now, no matter how hard you try. Avoiding a relationship because you're afraid of being changed is a little misguided. Surround yourself with good influences. A good woman can help you become a better person. :)

Deleted Account and Peace467 like this.
  3. robs66

robs66 Fapstronaut

Just see that as constructive feedback of girls. Find the balls to ask them why exactly, ask them for help as friend if not anything else, ask them is it your hair or the way i talk or the way i dress that sort of feedback would be gold for you. After that it's up to you have you want to deal with it. If it sincere feedback than take action on it and take it constructively, if you think the girls just a idiot then write it off and move on to the next one.

Online dating is f*cked, women are spoilt for choice as they getting 100s of messages a day so it's all pretty false and the pictures people use are all the best versions of themselves with camera angles and filters etc. I asked a girl mate about her tinder experience and she said it's just match after match. They get bombarded with guys messaging them.

Also with flirting with girls it's natural as a male to do so don't think it's sexual harassment, just don't force anything on them or be indecent. There's an art to being subtle, cheeky, funny and flirty plenty of stuff on youtube on this too.

Don't give up and keep trying, take a break enjoy your own company but don't get complacent and always believe that you have to grow. Don't get stuck to the idea that this is it and this is your identity as it will make you stubborn and isolated which sucks! We need people to function it's as simple as that. If it's to get an income through a job or love and affection through a female. Or just hand out with friends.

There's plenty of girls out there, so see it as an experiment to change and grow and see what version of your self gets a better response and also find out what type of girls prefer who you are and make effort with them!

My guess is you are pretty introverted like my self sometimes i do find that at times, I don't like people so i just find some time alone for a few days or weeks to recharge, figure my self out and put my self out there again. Understand your own personality (there's tests online) and it will help you manage people and will make you a happier person. it may mean removing negative people or gravitating towards certain people. Also it means focusing on your weaknesses and playing your strengths. Use the internet as a tool!

Just find a balance.

Other big things are focus on your physical health, hit the gym and find those passions, if it's sports, cars, or creative like music or art or selling t shirts or ebay what ever it is try and figure things out. Also figure out your career plans out and be ambitious. All these qualities women will find attractive and will make it easier to hold a conversation. It's like i was talking to this girl who's more of the socially popular type of girl and not that in to intellectual things. I said to her i want to tell her something crazy and it was about NoFap, and i told her the psychology behind it she was pretty intrigued and hooked in to the conversation because it's different to her normal bullshit she talks about. She respected me and found me different because i just dropped it on her on that level. Execution is king. You can talk to her about fortnite or what ever just how you do it. Once you have that passion in your self and what you do, it will just naturally come off.

Just understand that's the way it's meant to be and you can improve and be a better version of your self enjoy the growing process.

Jason_Tesla_19 likes this.
  4. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

It's the times we are living in. The plain janes and grossly overweight women still demand the Turbo Chad.

HereAndThere likes this.
  5. Meditation Monk

Meditation Monk Fapstronaut

@robs66 actually for me, moving on to the next one is not that easy, since I have been the one to get hurt in a relationship, especially during my younger years and especially my teenage years where I was sent to the principal's office for asking a girl out on date. Every time I got close to one she would either not want to be involved or say things like I have a boyfriend. lmao.

6. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Are you going MGTOW ?

7. robs66

robs66 Fapstronaut

Sounds shit man, i was in a long term relationship. Took a long time in isolation from women to build my self back up from being hurt i was finding my self getting in situation with girls that were potential rebounds which i didn't want. i ditched online dating made me feel shit (may jump back on it). I was too scared to talk to chicks in my younger years at least you had the balls ask her for a date!

Haha i tell the girls with boyfriends, you know where i am if things change and actually i carry on flirting with them turning everything sexual (probably because im so damn horny). Surprisingly they never block me, girls love to have options its a sense of power for them. Just experiment man! it's all a game you win you loose

8. Meditation Monk

thanks bud!!!!

9. robs66

robs66 Fapstronaut

Oh times have changed when we could just find our woman club them over the head and drag them in to our man cave (that's a joke for the politically correct folks)

Men going their own way - don't know enough about that. I do believe standing your ground with males or females. I find feminism weird and discriminating against men but 110% for women to have equal rights to life like men. My mothers probably the strongest person in my life and respect her.

Interesting book about understanding masculine energy and feminine energy which im reading is called 'the way of superior man - david deida'

10. robs66

robs66 Fapstronaut

Actually this shits pretty interesting!

Golgotha and Ra's Al Ghul like this.
  11. Meditation Monk

Nice.!! I love reading, especially audiobooks. I am working out in my room and I am listening to lynyrd skynyrd. I have developed a love and passion for classical rock and soft rock music in my earlier 20s. And now it stuck with me ever since. Haha. I am completely comfortable in my own skin and I am enjoying the single life. Haha.

12. You seem to be crying out for help here. Like you don't really want to give up on dating, or women, but just feel frustrated. Well I have been there. I was never good with women either. Once I got in to my late 20s, I completely gave up hope on finding a woman, gave up hope on getting a girlfriend, and I started to say to myself "I'm really just happy being alone". I guess I was practicing MGTOW without ever having come across that term or knowing what it was. I lived like this until I turned 35, my current age. Now I realize I always had a lot of wrong ideas about women and dating, and I am willing to give them/it a try again, with a new perspective. I want to recommend an author/blogger named Rollo Tomassi, his books, and website https://therationalmale.com/. His views are.... controversial, but might be just what you need to shake yourself out of your funk. What have you got to lose? I just finished reading his first book in The Rational Male series, and the other two just arrived in the mail today

HereAndThere and robs66 like this.
  13. robs66

robs66 Fapstronaut

Like wise bro, i'm a lover of music my backgrounds more rnb, hiphop but can listen to anything and enjoy it. I like writing, thinking of doing a poets Instagram page notice girls love it too as well

I just started reading. I make notes so i don't forget the books lessons

Other things on my reading list is emotional intelligence 2.0 & crucial conversations. One my key areas i'm working on is my social intelligence and communication skills not just to attract women but just to leverage social situations that would benefit me in business

14. Meditation Monk

Sweet. I only listen to classical rock and soft rock though and enjoy audiobooks. I haven't fapped in a while, which is a good thing, haha. Even though it is my first streak on this website. I am still working out in my room by using the wheel for the abs. The abdominal part of the body or the belly. I am also planning on going later to bed tonight at least at eleven pm or twelve midnight. To see when my jedi urges are coming on. lol.

15. Golgotha

Golgotha Fapstronaut

I am of the belief that if you improve yourself and your attitude, things that you want will come to you of their own accord. You're 22. Women aren't everything brother.

Temet nosce. Know thyself. First.

I would try learning how to live with yourself first. Most things are distractions from things that would actually make us happy deep down in our guts.

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  16. You're 22 years old and you shouldn't worry about this kind of stuff. Instead seeing women you should be dealing with your issues. No woman is going to fix you.

Golgotha likes this.
  17. Meditation Monk

Yes I agree. Just work on yourself and be content with you are and you will be fine. Attend church or AA meetings if you want to improve your life and become a better person for yourself. And then maybe you can help someone else in need. Good luck @Hardmode-Monk .

Deleted Account likes this.
  18. Or see a counsellor and read books. Personally I haven't found church that helpful but that's just me.

19. Meditation Monk

Sure thing bud. Everyone does things differently. But church has always worked for me to beat my addiction. I have been on and off it since my early 20s. I have been able to beat it once for one month but gave in before I realized that back then I did not have the solution to my dilemma, but now I do. I do things differently that help me differently. And I am sure you do things differently that help you beat this addiction differently. Everyone is different. HaHa. Good luck.

20. Hardmode-Monk

Hardmode-Monk Fapstronaut

No. Some of those guys are just stupid. I am just taking a break from dating.