1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Girlfriends...

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by overthis, Feb 7, 2017.

1. overthis

overthis Fapstronaut

I'm gonna get this out of the way out of the gate. I am a pretty attractive person, and a lot of girls do come up to me at parties to talk to me, and some times one thing leads to another, but I find sometimes I have a hard time really connecting with someone, or if I do it burns out easily and I feel like a romantic failure because of this. I really just want some one to be with, while sex is cool I'm more interested in finding this connection. Is that because of my pmo addiction? Am I not looking for the right things? Any general advice? I know I'm asking a lot but any input is appriciated :)

2. I would say it does relate to PMO. When I was under daily PMO, I would isolate myself and shield myself from others. I rarely let anyone close to me and I never really felt any personal connection with other people.

After about 42 days of no PMO on hardmode, I am more responsive to other people's feelings and I feel that I can connect with others on a much deeper level than before. I think part of the reason is when you are on PMO, you feel ashamed at your behaviors (at a subconscious level) and this causes you to detach yourself from others unknowingly. Now that I stopped PMO, I feel like I have no reason to hide myself or isolate myself. In turn, I want to be part of something greater.