1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Girlfriend over for weekend - How much sex is TOO MUCH sex?

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Halibut, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Halibut

Halibut Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Hi guys, question:

As the title implies - how much sex is too much sex?

Background:

My gf lives away and I get to see her at most every weekend but it is more than not every other weekend.

When she is over at mine we can have sex 5-6 times in 2 days sometimes more - is this too much?

Will this affect my reboot?

I personally think it does. By the last couple of times we have sex it feels like it has lost all meaning. And I presume this will make my urges really difficult when she is gone?

2. samnf1990

samnf1990 Fapstronaut

If it feels like too much sex, it might be. If one of you isn't into it, don't do it. Sex should be a positive experience, not the acting out of a compulsion. You can probably tell the difference.

Halibut likes this.
  3. I think you've answered your own question.

Don't look for absolutes. Trust your instincts and your feelings.

If sex with this person has lost all meaning, why engage in it?

Couple of blank fill-ins for you:
    - it feels good, you two have no idea what to do other than sex
    - you two don't really enjoy spending time together otherwise
    - one of you is stringing the other along for sex and the other is codependent hoping the sex will lead to love (if I give person X what they want, they will love me).

Not saying any of those are true. But my own past experience has pointed to things like this when I was holding back ending a relationship that had nothing left in it but sex.

Peace,
    -Quinn

Issah, Halibut and Trappist like this.
  4. Halibut

Halibut Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

True, I feel like it is positive but just gets out of hand and becomes more a more just primal urge,like you say, acting out of compulsion. Thanks for the reply man.

5. Halibut

Halibut Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Dude what a deep reply and it is fully appreciated, has definitely brought up some relationship questions.

I feel like 'it feels good, you two have no idea what to do other than sex' is the main reason. With working long shifts I end up not really having any plan for us when she gets here. Thats bad on my behalf and am having a plan for this weekend.

Recently during my reboot, I have felt agitated and become quiet with some people, including my gf and even my parents. I am hoping that as my progress continues I will start to want to become more connected again.

I do not want the relationship to just be about sex as that seems to be all I have thought about since I was 13. I want a relationship on a deeper, meaningful level.

Issah likes this.
  6. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

If things that shouldn't be bleeding are bleeding, it might be too much sex.