1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Girlfriend’s not too sure about our relationship. Should I leave?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by filipe34, May 7, 2018.

1. filipe34

filipe34 New Fapstronaut

I’m really frustrated with how things are between me and my girlfriend right now. We met through a social dating tour about 4 years ago and everything’s been magical. The first two years were great and all. I got to fly back and forth to visit her often, I met her family and friends. Things were going so good until last year.

The whole year last year, I wasn’t able to come see her since I had a lot of unexpected financial problems which hindered me from booking a ticket. So, for the entire year, we couldn’t see each other. She offered to come over here to see me but I always insisted that I would book a ticket soon since I know she also needs the money. During the last few months until now, she’s starting to doubt our relationship -and me. She insists that I keep promising her I would come over but I always end up giving reasons instead. She feels as though I might be cheating on her or if I don’t want to put as much effort in the relationship as I normally do. It’s been really stressful lately and I just don’t know what to do. I’ve got tons of problems here at home, work and my relationship. What should I do? Leave? Fight?

2. Peace467

Peace467 Fapstronaut

The question is what do you want to do?

Your in a tough situation, which sucks, but by not letting her come visit you and by not managing to get across to her your giving off all the wrong vibes!

It doesnt sound like a relasionship that cant be repaired, but if you want to get back to how you where then your going to have to put the effort in (and visit etc). Only you can decide to do that!

Mkngitwrk and filipe34 like this.
  3. Reverent

Reverent Fapstronaut

What is this martyr all about? She said she would come visit you, you try and be the hero and control her. If she wants to see her bf why stop her? It's obvious the relationship is important enough for her to sacrifice the trip, why isn't it for you?

Are you cheating on her? Is your Fapping making you despondent? With all of your life's problems why push away someone who is wonderful?

Maybe you would be better alone.

Mkngitwrk and Deleted Account like this.
  4. filipe34

filipe34 New Fapstronaut

I guess you should know that people deal with problems differently. Some people become distant while others become dependent. Like I said, I stopped her because I knew she could use the money for far more important things/problems she is facing in life. And no, I'm not cheating...I wouldn't take the time to post this on here if I were. Guess I just need to learn to not withdraw from my loved ones when I get very stressed and problematic

Mkngitwrk and Peace467 like this.
  5. MetaGame

MetaGame Fapstronaut

Let her come over herself. Or take a break. Or date someone who u can actually see often enough.

Might be that u need to focus on getting ur shit together before u can deal with another human being.

11052018 likes this.
  6. Peace467

Peace467 Fapstronaut

Hey, I think your right with ahat you said at the end. I often do the same - I get reclusive when Im struggaling ans ultimatly it works out worse for everyone!

People like to share in others burdens - particularly those who they love. Let her make her own choices, dont make them for her :).

7. Man, let her come visit you. You've kept her waiting for a year and she still loves you? You said that people deal with problems differently, but the only problem I see is that she really loves and misses you, and she can't see you because... money? Fund her that trip then or let her come, but don't let her wait, or you'll lose her because of such a trivialty.

8. Talk to her, you know in life there are ups and downs, research with couple asking your grandparents, uncles, people who are together for longer that 10-15-20 years, you will see that all you are going through is only a phase, it passes, and all that matters it to be a life time mates and loyal for eternity <3

9. Or play the confidence game, sometimes woman will give value to who they think they may lose...

10. pranav02

pranav02 Fapstronaut

I'd say don't lose her. You say you've known her for 4 years, that's quite a long time in the present especially. She had been willing to fly over and visit you and I think that what you're going through right now are nothing but obstacles people face in relationships, especially LTR. I'd say let her come see you, talk to her about how you're feeling, communication is very essential. When people are willing to just throw away relationships just like that, I'd suggest that you work towards strengthening this one instead :)

P.S: I'm sorry if I said anything wrong or ignorant, I do lack experience being only 16 :")

Deleted Account likes this.
  11. Mkngitwrk

Mkngitwrk Fapstronaut

If she is offering it's because the relationship is more important. Allow her to come over and stop being macho.