1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting Laid Journal

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Son_of_Iroquois, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Enki

Enki Fapstronaut

These are the times I wish there was a "save post" option on this website. Yeah, you're describing EXACTLY the spot where I'm at right now. I've spend years just focusing on self-improvement and I've felt that there is still a void I want to fill - true deep connection with other people. I tried going out, I had A LOT OF FUN going out, talking to people, meeting people, and forming new friendships. I felt like I was LIVING ON THE EDGE; I was living the motto "always push a little bit past your comfort zone EVERY SINGLE DAY." I loved it, and I lived that lifestyle for about two months last year. But then, I realized I was starting to fall behind a bit on my other, less social goals in my life so I started focusing on them... for probably a bit too long.

I've spent the past month on my nofap journey working to automate my self-improvement goals so that I would automatically do them, and it would free my mind to let me start socializing more. It's working :) I'm in the transition phase right now. And I'm slowly going out to socialize more and more again. It's not at the level I was at before, when I went out and pushed to do one thing that scared me every day, but I'm getting there.

Thanks for the posts @Audere est Facere and @Son_of_Iroquois . I can really relate. I love the fact that people here have gone through this exact same thing and are willing to give feedback and advice. I respect you two.

2. It's nice seeing your change of attitude @Son_of_Iroquois. I have a feeling you'll meet someone special soon :)
    Keep at it and best of luck

Enki likes this.