1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting in shape

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by NF SINCE BIRTH, Aug 10, 2017.

1. School is starting next week and I am just coming out of a six month stay at the hospital. I look myself in the mirror every day and beat myself up for not managing to work out today neither. It has been several months since my last proper workout. I used to workout 5X a week and participated in martial arts classes, lean eating and daily meditations. I am going to start a program today. Hopefully I will be able to stick with it and slowly get back into shape. I am starting super slow. I am only going to do super easy exercises to begin with. Feel free to join me.

Todays goal:

Workout. Warming up with 15 minutes slow walk on the treadmill. I am going to do 3 sets of 5 push ups. I am going to do 3 sets of 50kg bench press x 8 reps ( I usually did 90 and 100). Last I am going to do bicep curls with only the pole, no weight added. 3 sets of 8 reps.

2nd goal: Nofap.

3rd goal: No sugar.

4th goal: Meditate for 2 minutes.

Thats it. Im not going to do any more than that even if it is tempting. I will save that for tomorrow.

Deadlihood, S.A.D. and AM141 like this.
  2. S.A.D.

S.A.D. Fapstronaut

Good Luck bro

3. Moumita Mallick

Moumita Mallick New Fapstronaut

You will definitely get to your goal shape.

4. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Rooting for you!

5. TSoprano

TSoprano Fapstronaut

Bro, get on that SL 5x5. One of the best things I ever did. You won't regret it.

6. antycorpo

antycorpo Fapstronaut

What is that?

7. TSoprano

TSoprano Fapstronaut

Stronglifts 5x5

A workout program 3 days a week with 4 different lifts. It has gotten a lot of positive reviews and has probably the greatest and easiest workout app I've ever seen. Check out the site and watch the videos if your interested.

8. antycorpo

antycorpo Fapstronaut

Thx @TSoprano , I found it. What was your progress? Did you focus on mass gains or more strength and endurance? I am looking for some simple (meaning simple exercises) workout plan to built more strength and endurance.

@NFSB , I like your approach of small steps. Keep going! What martial arts did you practice? Are you going to come back? From my point of view it's a perfect workout in both physical and mental terms.

9. letsgochamp

letsgochamp Fapstronaut

Good shit bro lets do it

10. Fightthedevil

Fightthedevil Fapstronaut

Same is happening with me man.I had a back injury few weeks ago and haven't worked out for like a whole month.I m starting to get worried about losing my progress but can't work out with an injured back either.You go,start your routine and stay disciplined.You CAN DO IT.Good Luck Buddy.