1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

getting an erection while hugging

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by acoolmind, Mar 23, 2014.

1. acoolmind

acoolmind Fapstronaut

OK where should I start? So like I have a bff and she's a girl. We r very close and we hug and every time we hug I can feel myself getting an erection. I dont know if I have feelings for her or not but I dont wanna creep her out. How do I deal with this? I dont want her to feel my ***** while I'm hugging her. I want it to stop. Any advice is helpful thank u

2. Squeaky Soul

Squeaky Soul Fapstronaut

Hello acoolmind, and congratulations on your 17 days!

Well, I am a ballroom dancer, and I know what you are going through. I don't get erections while hugging, but I can get crazy urges the next morning after dances.

I am really not sure about any way to stop an erection dead in it's tracks. Or any way to prevent them... they kinda just happen naturally. There are other ways of hugging this girl. One armed hugs or pats are a safe hug, and not sexual because you guys won't be facing each other. Since you guys are close, maybe when doing your normal hug, you can lean forward a little so your groins aren't touching.

Reply if you are confused,

~Squeaky Soul

3. NoFapAsian

NoFapAsian Fapstronaut

Mate it will be fine. It's very unlikely she will feel it or say anything if she feels it. Focus on Nofap or something else more important rather than this issue.

4. acoolmind

acoolmind Fapstronaut

Thanks and I already did the leaning forward thing u mentioned but won't she notice that I'm giving her a hug awkwardly? Another concern for me is that when she is on her period she gets cramps and she wants me to hug her tightly around the waist. Idk how to do without her noticing. And thanks for congratulating me I also see that u have 27 days and I hope u reach ur goal!

5. Getagrip

Getagrip Fapstronaut

You are male and breathing dude. you wouldn't be normal if you didn't. relax and let it be. it is normal

6. Getagrip

Getagrip Fapstronaut

not every erection has to result in sex or masturbation - remember that - don't beat yourself up about it

7. Caveat Emptor

Caveat Emptor Distinguished Fapstronaut

How old are you and this girl?

In my experience, most women will ignore an erection if they feel or notice it. It's a natural phenomenon that you have little to no control over and in the back of her mind she realizes this. If it's a 100% platonic relationship, then its not worth addressing and she won't.

She might even find it flattering or arousing, but again, if it's a platonic relationship, she won't mention it and will simply file it away as a compliment. I know many a girl that get turned on when they can tell they're making a guy erect.

My advice, don't worry about it all. It's a non-issue. Ideally, you won't even notice if you're erect or not.

If she does complain about it, which she won't, just say "oh. I didn't even notice. Sorry I can't control it. You know that!" Bring humor to the situation, because it doesn't matter!

8. First, she probibly knows that this happens to guys an I believe that some girls actually like the fact that this happens sometimes but I have usually done something to help see this happen less to me when I was hugging and dating. I would wear an athletic supporter that had a heavy front panel that kept my bulge from being too big and it works great and gives you self confidence when hugging because you dont have to worry.

akshay rathore likes this.
  9. acoolmind

acoolmind Fapstronaut

Thank will try something

10. akshay rathore

akshay rathore New Fapstronaut

I have same problem. but rather than boner which i am careful to keep away I have problem of pre cum. specially in closed room it leaves a musk. Its hard not to notice IMO. It embarrasses me to hell.

11. Dude, congratulations, your Penis is working properly, many people on this forum have to wait weeks on a reboot before being able to get an erection from simply hugging a girl, this is good news as when you find someone your romanticly interested in, you wont have ed :)