1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Gamify habit building: Habitica

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by draze, Aug 30, 2016.

1. draze

draze Fapstronaut

A friend of mine just introduced me to a website/app called Habitica, basically you turn your life (specifically your habits) into an RPG. Since a big part of rebooting is building positive habits, I've found it extremely helpful so far, moreso than other productivity apps because of the game aspect.

For example, I want to "single track" (only focus on one thing at a time) instead of multitask (which doesn't work for me). So I've set it up as a habit in-game, any time I single-track and log it in-game I gain experience and gold, any time I multitask and log it in-game I lose health, which has been very motivating to stay focused, I've already caught myself trying to multitask and quickly redirected.

Anyway, figured I'd share, you might find it helpful.

SoulFlash, Zolo22, CABeachGuy and 2 others like this.
  2. HenOgledd

HenOgledd Guest

Absolutely love Habitica! I have so many things to do and part of the reason I'm trying to quit PMO is that it was sucking my time away. Using Habitica not only rewards me for sticking to my goal of NoFap but it keeps me on track in the rest of my life too.

3. CABeachGuy

CABeachGuy Fapstronaut

Just what I needed Draze. Thanks! A nice one week, new record reward of the healthy kind;-)

4. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

I'm using the app too. Very motivating. :)

5. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

Does anyone wanna form a party?

6. thedark14

thedark14 New Fapstronaut

7. SoulFlash

SoulFlash Fapstronaut

Great Thanks going to check it out now.

I really know the feeling of it sucking away my time...F**king PMO!!

8. Hey! Looking for some members to join my party. I’m extremely active on there but my sister is letting me down. I just cannot recommend this app enough, it’s the sole reason I survived the four worst months of my life. I’m currently trying to find challenges and there is none for NoFap unfortunately! We could make one perhaps.

9. psychedelicjelly

psychedelicjelly Fapstronaut

Just downloaded it last night. Thanks guys!

Do you guys have any examples of habits to add. So far I've added stretching, exercising, reading, eating breakfast, drinking plenty of water, vegetables. That kind of thing. Not fapping of course

Would appreciate to see what you guys have?