1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

From Catholic to Orthodox

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

You're nothing but obsessed with bashing Calvin, yet you don't even know what the Gospel is.

2. There’s a lot of good mixed with crap online. I think the key is to understand human weakness and to see past that. Sure that doesn’t excuse people from their responsibilities toward charity, but, it does help at times with having a better view of others.

I would love to have discussions like this face-to-face here in the states. Sadly the motto here is “we don’t talk about religion or politics” when it comes to social gatherings.

3. I've just read through this thread (I contributed to it yesterday without reading back, as I was responding to one particular comment that was more of a standalone issue), and I am concerned with what I am reading.

Aren't we to hold to Christ's new command, that we love one another? Isn't it by our love for one another that the world is to know we belong to him? Anyone who would read through this thread would think we very much did not like one another, let alone love each other! There are exceptions, but this conversation in the main reflects very poorly on us all.

I was taught long ago to follow the instruction of 1 Peter 3 when discussing my beliefs with others: "15b Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." And Paul's instruction to Timothy is also apropos: "...the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone...."

This thread is in the Christian group, for which I am responsible. I would ask for more gentleness and respect in the future, gentlemen. I do not want to censor any conversation here, but I expect far better from my brothers. This group is for mutual encouragement in Christ, and for building one another up. If you want to slug it out as you have done here, you will have to find another forum for such arguments, which, in my opinion, serve only to produce quarrels.

My apologies to the OP, whose question has received little actual response and has been all but lost in the shuffle.