1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

From Catholic to Orthodox

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Answer: The apostle Paul answered a very similar question in Romans 6:1-2, “What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?” The idea that a person could “trust in Jesus Christ” for salvation and then go on living just as he/she lived before, is absolutely foreign to the Bible.

2. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

lol, so Almighty God needs your help huh? smh

I worship the Almighty God, Sovereign over all, not your beta god who needs your help with Salvation.

3. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

All you blasphemers make me laugh. Worshipping a god who needs your help to save you 1552329767880.gif .

smh

4. You’re trolling, right? That’s the only way to explain your responses and Red Pill God lol

5. I know a good Calvinist brother when I see one. No trolling lol

6. Hello,

2.) You could find them by googling Eastern Orthodox prayers. Heck you could probably also just Google Eastern Catholic Prayers since it’s the same thing.

Re The Pope: The Pope is the head of one of the biggest religions in the world and also the leader of a country (Holy See). It’s only logical therefor that he will be seen as both a religious leader and political figure. Why that fact makes you angry is odd.

Mr. McMarty likes this.
  7. Catholicism has more prayers to the saints? lol Bro, do you even Orthodox?

Priests in Catholicism can also withhold communion. Some of the more traditional Roman Rite priests have started doing this and Eastern Rite priests as well.

8. Another fun fact, the Maronite Church never left communion with Rome even during The Great Schism.

Deleted Account and Mr. McMarty like this.
  9. Not remotely. It is we who need His help to become sons. Why do you not understand that love cannot be forced? The Calvinist godoid, if he existed, would be a brutal tyrant, not a loving Father. In that case, St John the Theologian (the beloved Disciple) would be a liar spouting nonsense about God loving the world and God being love. Love and force are mutually exclusive.

miXhal likes this.
  10. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

You're not addressing the red flag of your god that needs your help to save you. Why in the world would you, a sinful and fallible being need to help a supposed god to secure your eternal Salvation? Like I said, youre better off going to the golf course than worship an impotent god like that.

11. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

No I am not trolling. I studied Systematic Theology enough to know what is and isn't the Gospel. Not impressed with you eastern orthodox here, many for which don't know the Gospel, only "muh feelings" and "god unconditionally loves everyone", its all about ooey gooey feelings. You guys are as bad as leftists. smh

This is why I have more problems with professed believers rather than unbelievers.

12. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Also, I'm not forcing anything. God is Sovereign and will have mercy on whom he will have mercy. He's a God of love, yes, but that's only one aspect. He is also a God of Wrath and He must punish sin. Thankfully God doesn't treat His creation as we deserve lest no one would be saved. The fact that He saves some is miraculous because He was not obligated to save anyone. He is a Mighty God.

13. I see no need whatever to address a heresy invented in the XVIth century by some demon-inspired French git who imagined that he was the first person ever to understand the Scriptures.

The Orthodox Church has existed for twenty centuries, since the day of Pentecost, in unbroken historical continuity and has never taught this doctrine, which was unknown to the Apostles and the ancient Church.

The very fact that this doctrine was unknown until the heresiarch Calvin invented it sixteen centuries after the Apostles should be a major hint that it does not belong to the Apostolic tradition. Read the Fathers of the Church. You won't find a Calvinist among them.

John Calvin and his crazed lies have the same authority any other heretic: none at all. His novel claims and his satanic delusions regarding the Lord ought to be ignored, not engaged.

Your understanding of God is so far from the Orthodox understanding, there really is no basis for any further dialogue between us on this subject. We are only able to talk past each other.

14. Even from a Calvinist perspective this is somewhat misleading and incorrect. God didnt write the Bible himself or print it or distribute it or peach it directly to you. God used sinful fallen people to do it. He worked through them. God taught you to believe through them. They didnt save you eternally nor did they invented or manufacture grace but the assisted in bringing it to you. God literally used human flesh to save us by taking our form. He cares so much in using us to bring us to salvation that taught us himself and guides our hands to capture the words that when preached by us save others. Did he have to? No. Are we needed? Yes. But that is literally his will not mine. He wills that we help him.

15. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

You're talking about the Bible though, I am not. Stick to the point of contention; if you believe that God needs your help to secure your eternal Salvation, that's not the God of the Bible.

Deleted Account likes this.
  16. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

You typed a lot, but said nothing of substance. Play golf on Sunday. You insult Based John Calvin whom preached the Gospel for which I was saved. Guys like you are just impressed with churchianity and not the Biblical Almighty God; knock yourself out; I personally don't like wasting my own time but apparently many do and will.

17. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

God bless John Calvin, the Chief Engineer of the Protestant Reformation!

18. You need to learn the difference between “God willing” and “God needing”. God didn’t have to shed all of his blood on the cross; heck, one drop of blood would have sufficed but “HE WILLED” to shed all of it for our salvation and redemption. God didn’t need to have sinful man write books of His Holy Word but nevertheless He Willed that men write under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. God doesn’t need for us to do anything to attain salvation however HE WILLED that we have a relationship with him and therefor a role in our salvation.

If you can’t understand the difference between willing and needing then you’re beyond reasoning with broseph.

19. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. Revelations 3:20

Seems pretty clear that there needs to be a synergy between man and God and that salvation is not forced.

20. miXhal

miXhal Fapstronaut

Who says that he needs your "help" ? Just you, as far as I´m concerned. Not help (how could that happen anyway?). He rather wants our consent. He will not force salvation upon us, if we won´t accept it.

ultrafabber and Deleted Account like this.