1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Freedom

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by treez, Jun 27, 2017.

1. treez

treez New Fapstronaut

I am no longer under the mental, spiritual, and physical abuse of being married to a PMO Man that didn't consider me or any of the consequences that result from this addiction. I am healing and hope to help others heal to fulfill dreams and live to full potential. It's been a journey, but, my physical pain is gone, my mind is anew and my spirit is thriving. There is freedom in healing. Yes, I still lament my broken family and shattered dreams. Unfortunately, I didn't have any other way out.

Ukulele likes this.
  2. i_wanna_get_better1

i_wanna_get_better1 Fapstronaut

Welcome to the forum. We're happy to hear you are no longer being abused by your addicted SO. There are wonderful resources for women who are/were in a relationship with an addict.

You can read journal entries from other wives/girlfriends here. You are welcome to start a thread an start a journal documenting your recovery. It might be beneficial for you and for any new members who join down the road.

You can join a private group for wives/girlfriends only here.

Addiction destroys everyone in a family. I'm sorry you had to suffer. Hopefully this community can be source of information, advice, and support that you need in order to heal.

3. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and sometimes challenge you but not judge you.

The enemy is here to steal, kill and destroy. What are your current strategies for combating the enemy called PMO?

4. treez

treez New Fapstronaut

Before ending the marriage I tried everything I knew, mystery dates, small group, praying together, marriage studies, marriage counseling, talking, waiting to talk, not talking, separating. Nothing worked. Unfortunately the addition overtook our relationship. His mind, body and spirit were closed. The pain of living with this rejection for 20 years was crippling my spiritual life. God finally released me.

5. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

You have traveled a difficult road this far and the entire time God has been with you. He is still there even if you don't think of feel He is. He still loves you.

Check out In Case You Didn't Know for strategies and tips which may help you along your journey.