Forum dark mode?

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support' started by Gordon5375, Oct 7, 2018.

Would you like a dark mode for the nofap forum?

1. Yes

91.7%
  2. No

8.3%
  1. Gordon5375

Gordon5375 Fapstronaut

Would it be useful for a NoFap dark mode theme for the forum in addition to the current ones available? It certainly would be for me. It’s rather bright at night time when I’m typing stuff up and it’s dark.

2. You could just avoid going on the site when it's night time.

3. Gordon5375

Gordon5375 Fapstronaut

Nope, I’m here instead of PMO.

4. Well you could use an internet browser (like UC) that has a night mode on it, but really you should try to avoid looking at a screen in the dark.

5. Roady

Roady Fapstronaut

After 21:00 my monitor is getting darker. It's a Win10 option.
    You can adjust the brightness yourself if you don't want all the light in your eyes.

6. rgm

rgm Fapstronaut

I personally have f.lux installed so instead of a bright white it's more of a yellow-ish white which makes it a lot easier on the eyes.

Jason_Tesla_19 likes this.
  7. Gordon5375

Gordon5375 Fapstronaut

Those are all good options to help and ill look into some of those in the meantime. I almost exclusively use the celly for nofap. I have the option to darken the screen quite a bit in addition to a warm color shift after 8pm. Still would be nice to have a dark mode forum theme in addition to the two options already available, because they are switchable.

8. Jason_Tesla_19

Jason_Tesla_19 Fapstronaut

A dark mode would be nice, but you can mitigate the issue by color-shifting your screen at night.

Windows 10: Night Light
    macOS: Night Shift
    f.lux is for Windows, Mac, and Linux

I use Redshift on Linux, which was inspired by f.lux. I change the color temperature of my laptop to 2200K at night (I also have 2200K LED lights in my bedroom and living room), and avoid my phone as much as I can at night, as I don't have a color shift program on it.