1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Foreign gf’s dad died. Should I send money?

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by toughroger21, Jan 9, 2018.

1. toughroger21

toughroger21 New Fapstronaut

I have a girlfriend from the Philippines that I met years ago during a romance tour. We’ve been together for quite some time now since we got together just a few months after we met. I immediately fell for her because of her good qualities. Behind her pretty face is a girl with good moral and character. What got to me most is her overwhelming love for her family.

She values her family so much that she even put her love life on hold for a long time. When we met, she was still in the early stages of finding love. I admire her determination of giving her family a better life. She said she wanted to provide for them the way their father used to before he got sick. I could see how much she loved her family.

I got a call from her recently and received the sad news of her father’s death. I knew he meant a lot to her. She said she has to stay off work for a few days to a week to deal with the arrangements of her dad’s funeral. It’s going to be a long period without getting paid and I know her family would need the money. I really feel bad for them especially her.

It got me thinking, should i send her money? What’s the custom in the Philippines when somebody dies? Is it okay to give money as a sort of help for her family? She’s never asked me money before. Even now she hasn’t asked anything.

2. They're very beautiful people man. They're actually rated happiest people in the world even though a lot of their country is poor. When I was there I seen street kids sleeping on cardboard boxes, happy and smiling. They have very good hearts man. I would help her out man why not. Eastrian culture women are so beautiful inside and out compaierd to westerners. 95% of the Women in North America expect everything for free like they're entitled or some fkn shit lol.

3. Asinner

Asinner New Fapstronaut

I dont see any problem if you want to send her some money as long as you can afford it . But what is more important is that for you to support her . Be there when she needs you . Ask her if she is doing fine . It is hard to lose a family member especially a dad or mom . Anyway I hope both of you stay happy :)

4. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Expedia is having a ticket sale for very cheap.
    If yo ccan take time off work I bet the best gift, is YOUR PRESENCE NOT YOUR PRESENTS. (money included)
    I'd go to her.
    And once you get there, it's really cheap with money exchange rates.
    $150 can last like a week.
    Look into it.
    (I'm exaggerating to make a point, but it is Really cheap)

Jennica and SanityOverVanity like this.