Following?

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support' started by What I Do That Defines Me, Apr 30, 2018.

1. It means that their activity appears in your news feed. It's another way of making sure you don't miss a user's content being posted.

2. Okay, thanks. So, will you get alerts from their posts?

3. No, I'm pretty certain that doesn't happen.

In my experience, I only get alerts from:
    1. threads I'm watching
    2. replies to threads or profile posts I made

If someone I'm following posts in a thread or profile that I don't know about or am not watching, I don't get an alert.
    But this activity DOES come up in the news feed.

Moon Shot likes this.
  4. No worries mate, have a good day! :)

Moon Shot likes this.
  5. You too and congrats on 44 days

6. That hasn't been my experience. I just know when they're online.

You have to watch the thread to get alerts.

7. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

I have never understood this either. I have no idea what or where a "news feed" is on NoFap. I have alerts and the forums. I'm not sure what a news feed would be or where that is.

Also, you can always tell when anyone is online, regardless of whether or not you follow them, as long as they gave that feature enabled for others to see their online status.

So I have no idea what the point of following is. I usually just use it to remember who I'm close with or whose posts I enjoy most, since names and faces and kind of blur together here sometimes.

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

Some people have their profiles private, however, and only people they are following can see them. Or only people they are following can message them. So when that's the case, I can see the use. But otherwise I have no idea.

9. Yeah it pretty much seems pointless, but whatever