1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Following scenario: How would you react? Be honest.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by LoyalKnight, Mar 26, 2017.

What would you do in the following scenario?

1. I'd like to talk to them, but I would chicken out.

2. I would certainly talk to them.

3. Why should I even bother? No.

4. Other (explain below)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. LoyalKnight

LoyalKnight Fapstronaut

Be honest please. No one can see what you voted for, anyways.

Following scenario: You are single. You are working out in the gym, and you see two beautiful girls working out as well, and no body is around them. What would you do?

Select an answer in the poll, feel free to write it as well.

My answer: I'd go up to them, introduce myself, make some small talk about working out and see how it develops.

I think, but I would most like hesitate. Maybe yes, maybe not.

Possible consequences of approaching?: None.

Do not forget, they are just human and would be happy about social interactions, like you would!

AndySky180 likes this.
  2. I voted other.

If I had a reason to talk to them (besides the fact that they're beautiful) I would. Being beautiful isn't a good enough reason to talk to someone. Like Kanya once said in one of his song's, The prettiest people do the ugliest things.

Typo and Headspace like this.
  3. I should add that I'm quite a cautious and I only take a risk if it's worth taking. And at times I be can also be rather judgmental. I don't like that I tend to judge people but I'm just being honest. I'm not saying every beautiful girl is an ugly person. There's women who look ugly and also do ugly things. But I do believe if some sort of friendship or relationship is meant to be I'll have a reason to talk to them.

4. Not trying to sound pessimistic here but it wouldn't make sense for me at least cause nothing would come out of it. They're prolly to beautiful for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2017
    LegendaryToast likes this.
  5. I would go up to them and ask them if they would like to be bothered by me while they workout.

HopefulChristian likes this.
  6. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Fapstronaut

"Hello, my name is Loyal Knight " ... ;)

"Well Knight, if you are so loyal, why are you not able to finish your exercising ? Are you always interrupting when you see a girl? Is that how we can trust your loyality and self confidence ? "

Well, it's a 100% lose for you. They will disrespect you, because they know you can be manipulated totally easily.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. señor

señor Guest

omg I hate it when people approach me at the gym -- male or females, it's a big pet peeve I have. I mean I'm there to work out, not socialize, and I'm sure girls feel the same way. gym time is pure time. so no I definetly would not talk to them unless we're both on our way out or something

a couple weeks ago I was doing some deadlifts when these two broads start talking right on top of my weights as I left for like 30 seconds to get water. I don't know why they had to have a conversation on the exact 5'x5' platform I had been using for the last 20 minutes, maybe they were trying to get my attention or something, but it was annoying as hell. anywhere outside the gym and I would chat them up, but I just gave them a "scuse me" when I got back and started lifting again, the two chicks just scattered after that.

8. Phew all humans are equal for me. So i wouldnt have talked if they were man so the same goes for women.

9. IggyIshness

IggyIshness Fapstronaut

I would ignore and go do more pull ups or something

10. LoyalKnight

LoyalKnight Fapstronaut

Interesting results. 6 would even not bother, 4 would like to but not do it (chicken out), and 3 votes for other. Only 1 would actually approach.

It may be right that you are there to work out, but what is the harm of trying I'd say?

That's quite funny: I talked to some mans but never to women. Most were really friendly and some were helpful. Why should the same not apply to girls, if we view them as equal?

But when I think of it, it is not worth it. But like I said, for a person who has never done it: Why not do it and see what happens, instead of thinking all the time of what could happen?

11. NoBrainer

NoBrainer Distinguished Fapstronaut

Maybe they were hinting that you'd been hogging the machine. ;)

señor and HopefulChristian like this.
  12. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

I'd probably just do what I did last night and follow them into the locker room again.

LoyalKnight likes this.
  13. Fork2323

Fork2323 Fapstronaut

The problem is there are 2 of them so they would have to act cool to each other and be a unified front against you.. Divide and conqure. Only approach one at a time when they are seperate. Its easier to chat up a girl on her own and have her undivided attention.. plus its not a social club or party scene.. in those situations if 3 girls are together its easier to pull 1 off to chat to as the other 2 have each other to talk to. What are you going to do if 2 girls? Hit on both at same time? No, you can only hit on 1 and leave the other girl out. Her friend wont like that so they will stick together.. so its best to approach in any situation only 1 at a time..

14. Gionel

Gionel Guest

I won't talk to them, I don't like talking when I'm working out. Pumping iron is my goal not talking in a gym :p.

15. I would not talk to them. Because I absolutely hate when people distract me when I am focused on working out. So I would just assume they would feel the same way, I think most people do, at least the ones that go to gym to actually exercise. Sure, there are a lot of people who just go there to just socialize and barely even care about working out. Usually those type of people annoy me.

Now it's a different thing if they were doing something else at the gym. Like maybe just finished working out and just talking while preparing to leave. In which case I might chat them up just in a casually friendly way. It's always nice to get to know new people, especially if those people are hot girls. All tho I seriously doubt I would hit on them tho, I'm not yet as confident that I could hit on two people at a time, or even on just one of them while other is there. If she would be alone then maybe. But I suck at dealing with groups.

16. What the heck is this...

I'd say your biggest reason not to is the fact that they came together. They already have a talking buddy, plain and simple. And what is it with you "approaching" them? Be a little less obvious and use some equipment by them. Making sure you catch one's eye. If they seem open, proceed. If not, move on (by using the equipment for a few minutes). Otherwise you are just the d-bag who went to the gym to hit on chicks :rolleyes:

LoyalKnight and SnowWhite like this.
  17. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Fapstronaut

Yes, and they also came together because both of them do not want to be approached by "d-bags" ;)

It depends on the situation.
    If the situation allows it, I would do a little smalltalk, or maybe 'tease' them a bit, so they start to laugh ;) Just naturally, you know, for the fun of it. But then continue.

18. LoyalKnight

LoyalKnight Fapstronaut

Good point, especially with the eye catching! Never thought of that.

19. RedPillRebooter

RedPillRebooter Fapstronaut

20. My first thought would be to just let them be, 'cause I wouldn't want to get kicked out the gym over some harrasment shit. I currently goto a Planet Fitness gym and they don't even tolerate grunting. When I was in highschool I took a weight lifting class in my freshmen year. I wouldn't talk to any girls because I'd be working out, but after class if I'd ever see them, then I'd hit it off with them. It all depends on the situation. I voted for (Other).

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2017