1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixing Sleep Schedule - tips?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by vibemaker, Mar 28, 2017.

1. vibemaker

vibemaker Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Hey guys,

for 2 or 3 months my sleep schedule is totally fucked up. I really would like to go to bed between 9 and 10. At the moment i go to bed between 1 to 2 am. :emoji_full_moon_with_face:
    Sometimes i come back home pretty late like 10 and i just can't go to sleep straight. (I feel really in a state of action after the ride home.) But at about 11 i get really tired in my head, but when i tried to go to bed i can't find calm and it's horrible, because strong urges hit me then. So this 3 or even 4 hours are pretty wasted for me, because i can't do much instead of reading or watching TV, because everybodys asleep. And then i wake up at 10 or 11 in the morning and that's so late.

I tried to get back to my old schedule often, but even when i set an early alarm to get tired earlier.. It doesn't work.

You got any tips for fixing sleep schedule or maybe some relaxing activities?
    Maybe i should try valerian tea.
    I also tried to stay away from computer or TV an hour before going to bed and it helped a little and my sleep has more quality, but I can't go to bed earlier really.

This late night haze makes me sick.

Any tips appreciated.

2. señor

señor Guest

when I first started working I had to wake up at 430 am which was awful at first but thankfully you adapt to this after a while. what worked for me is, force yourself to wake up earlier. the first few days will be lethargic and miserable and you will hate your life but after a few days you'll start passing out earlier and easier. but those few days suck, but it helps to shock your body into a new schedule, military style

also I heard that if you keep your bed only for sleeping (no electronics, reading in bed etc) it helps train your body into connecting your bed to your sleep.

3. Psycho96

Psycho96 Guest

There are some factors affect to your sleeping. It would be very long to explain in details (but if you want, I will) so I will point out what you should do.
    - Exposure to sun light more in the day (don't hide in the shadow). And if you want to wake up easily, let the sun shine in your bed.
    - Do exercises to keep your body reach the highest temperature as much as possible. (the higher body temperature is, the more it easily drops down. When your temperature drops, you will fall asleep)
    - Take a hot shower before going to bed about 45-60m
    - You can snap if you want, but don't let it be too long (10 - 30m is okay)
    Of all those things, I think the most important is doing exercises. So you must have willpower to break the cycle at first, then try to do exercise (morning and evening) and go out more. And as @señor said, you should only use your bed to sleep and have sex. Period. Don't let the other habits associate with it. You can change environments to deceive your brain. Last but not least, keep the routine regularly.
    Good luck.

4. Psycho96

Psycho96 Guest

Remember, the more productive you stay awake, the better quality of sleep you have.

Asgardian36 and (deleted member) like this.
  5. lillianlambert

lillianlambert Fapstronaut

Based on my own experience, I can say that the use of smart light bulbs will help you to normalize sleep. The list of features should include the ability of the device to adjust the illumination in the room in automatic mode. Thanks to the optical sensor, the lamp adjusts to the external environment, selecting the desired brightness. An acoustic sensor that reacts to noise in a certain area will be useful. After that, he turns on the light bulb for a while. And most importantly, you can adjust the light that provokes sleep. You can purchase them using https://www.vont.com/product/vont-bulb-color-smart-light-bulbs-smart-bulbs/

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    vibemaker likes this.
  6. amx

amx Fapstronaut

Take all of your electronic devices and throw them into a box and put that box in a room that isn't your bedroom.

vibemaker and health life like this.
  7. Turn off your phone and put it away 1 hour before sleeping, try meditation (it's the best thing I did in my life) you can use Medito that's a free and open-source application for guided meditation.

vibemaker likes this.
  8. When the sun starts to set take a walk outside you will naturally feel calm at this time. You are out of sync just by watching the sun set walking and breathing your body will release hormones for sleep once you wind down don't wind back up with stimulation . I see many S. Indian people following this ruteen old and young not sure if they are conscious of what they are doing or it's more of just something they do but it works and I am sure they don't over think it like we do or if they even care . Practicing this is the best way to wind down, your body and mind will start to feel heavy just don't wind it back up once it down .

vibemaker and Nathan4 like this.
  9. chaulyo96

chaulyo96 Fapstronaut

Try these

Take some melatonin before bed
    ASMR
    Turning off all electronic devices and dimming the lights before you sleep
    Light excercise

Nathan4 likes this.