1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

First girl I ended up liking a lot I basically asked her out and got rejected... I got a question.

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by AnonymousRobloxian, Jan 20, 2017.

1. AnonymousRobloxian

AnonymousRobloxian Fapstronaut

Obviously the feeling of rejection really sucks badly, but how long is it normal to be hurt by rejection and being sad? This happened last night by the way.

2. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Its ok to feel bad for a couple of days maybe a week but the sooner you get over it the better. I know that feeling is so bad but this is how I look at it: if that person does not love/like you back the desire to be with them should fade because they are not who you thought they were. If your intentions are pure and the person is single and genuinely uninterested, you did yoir best. If they dont want be in a relationship with you, you shouldnt want to be in a relationship with them. Sorry things didnt work out im here for you.

3. AnonymousRobloxian

AnonymousRobloxian Fapstronaut

Thanks for the response man and I'm getting over it!:D

Mankrik likes this.
  4. Monster Carrot

Monster Carrot Fapstronaut

Ahh you felt the sting of battle. Good for you man.

Malignancy, noonoon and Sailor93 like this.
  5. Rion008

Rion008 Fapstronaut

When u realize that it's not just about u, but it's about her and the connection both of u have (if it's rejection then there's no connection and it's not going anywhere); it will be easier to let go of rejection

and yes, the sooner u can let it go , the better

6. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

It really depends on the people involved, the severity of the rejection, where and how it happened, and a multitude of other things. You can be heartbroken to the point of near suicide, and that's in extreme cases. It may take a person who's been hurt or rejected a few weeks, months, or even years to recover. Again, it depends on the person. For me, I had a heartbreak once that lasted for 6 months, but I finally realized what she did to me until years later.

The thing here kid is this: Let time do its thing. It's normal for people to get rejected, but no matter what the circumstances are, time will heal all wounds. You'll learn something from it even though it was a bad experience, and maybe you'll know what to expect when it happens again, so you won't feel as bad.

But most importantly, when you're in pain, just let it happen. Humans are meant to suffer, cry, and live in despair. At the same time, we're all capable of healing; this is something that humans are gifted with. Thus, we are strengthening our hearts to a degree where one is ready to love, trust, and be at peace again. It will take time, but you must let your feelings come out. One thing NOT to do is let it overwhelm you to the point of desperation and feelings of suicide. This is extremely unhealthy, and it will do you no good.

I know where you're coming from. Learn from this experience, recognize your mistakes, and let time do its thing. I hope the next time you like a girl, things will turn out better than the last time. Who knows, maybe she will like you more than you like her. I hope all goes well kid. Good luck!

SyrusDrake and Sailor93 like this.
  7. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

I really, really liked a girl and got rejected too. Was hurt for about 4 years, so...don't recommend that. Turns out what i really wanted was not so much her but what she represented. If she accepted me, that meant i was "ok". Took a long time to figure that one out.

Here's the best advice anyone will give you on this thread, i promise: Best way to get over a girl is to ask out another girl.

Then you can feel bad about her rejection! Just kidding. But seriously, it IS the best way to get over a girl. I just posted something about "how to flirt" as a response to your post. Check it out. It might help.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    Proceed likes this.
  8. SyrusDrake

SyrusDrake Fapstronaut

Last autumn, I decided to finally come clean to my crush and friend. I told her how I felt about her. She told me that she has had a BF for a few weeks...
    I'm still suffering almost every day. But it's getting better. Will I ever get over her? Probably not. But I'll learn to live with the loss. I can't tell you how long it will take you to get over it. Just don't rush yourself, let it take as much time as necessary.
    So yes, it's normal to feel sad. But feeling sad is better than feeling angry. Just never blame someone for what happened.

Beautiful post!

Because love interests are just like napkins. If one is used up, just get a new one. It's not like it can take some people decades to meet someone they connect with. People like you make me sick...

9. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

[QUOTEBecause love interests are just like napkins. If one is used up, just get a new one. It's not like it can take some people decades to meet someone they connect with. People like you make me sick...[/QUOTE]

First off, i never said get into a sexual relationship. Instead date. Date a lot of girls. You know, it's how you get to know a girl and find out if you want to marry her. You should try it. Get out of your head, you're too negative and judgemental. That may be part of the problem.

SupBruh and mreffinsunshine like this.
  10. mreffinsunshine

mreffinsunshine Fapstronaut

Depending on how long you've been thinking about this person in a romantic fashion, it might take a little while. But look at it this way: each rejection is another link in your armor. Let each rejection make you stronger, not weaker. I know that is very much easier said than done, and right now it hurts, but what doesn't kill you will make you stronger brother. It's cliche as hell, but also true. Cliches are cliches for a reason sometimes. I'm not sure how old you are, but it doesn't matter too much, because there will be other girls that will catch your attention. Maybe not today or tomorrow, or even next month, but the more you get out into the open and work on yourself, the more chances you'll have to meet someone new.

And in the end, if she doesn't want to be with you, then that is her loss my friend. Keep your mind, heart, and eyes open.

SyrusDrake and Sailor93 like this.
  11. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Why thank you :)

SyrusDrake likes this.
  12. SyrusDrake

SyrusDrake Fapstronaut

It isn't really that easy. But let's drop the topic.

mreffinsunshine likes this.
  13. SupBruh

SupBruh Fapstronaut

Right, but here's the thing - if a girl has shown her disinterest in you, there's nothing you can do about it. You could try winning her affection by spending lots of time and effort, and she'll still not reciprocate your feelings. Or you could go right ahead and meet someone else who might like you.

mreffinsunshine likes this.