1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

find peace in his presence.

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. How do you begin to live with a regular and endless knowledge of the presence of God? Developing the habit of constant communication with God through prayer.

Luke 18: 1-8 Reina-Valera 1960 (RVR1960)
    Parable of the widow and the unjust judge
    18 Jesus also told them a parable about the need to pray always, and not to faint,

2 saying: There was a judge in a city, who neither feared God nor respected man.

3 And there was a widow in that city, who came to him, saying, Give me justice from my adversary.

4 And he did not want for some time; but after this he said within himself: Though I fear not God, neither have I respect man,

5 However, because this widow is annoying me, I will do her justice, lest by continual coming, my patience be exhausted.

6 And the Lord said: Hear what the unjust judge said.

7 And will God not do justice to his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will it take to answer them?

8 I tell you, he will soon do them justice. But when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth? .

Remember this story, it makes me think, why am I as I am? for my own pleasure, I have within me the power to lead life as I want, in constant blessing, always at the hand of God, but that's where it comes into sacrifice, I must stop doing things that do not please God, and that saddens Jesus Christ and his Holy Spirit, but without doubt they satisfy my flesh, to get away from everything that produces me a false well-being is very painful.

Deleted Account and Roady like this.
  2. Thanks @Roady. Lo haré.

3. Hii Sychar,Really Good post.Thnxx For sharing:)

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Gracias a ti por leer. :*

5. God alone is eternal, everything else is transitory. Everything dies; the angels die, men die, animals die, earths die, sun, moon, and stars, all die; everything undergoes constant change. The mountains of today were the oceans of yesterday and will be oceans tomorrow. Everything is in a state of flux. The whole universe is a mass of change. But there is One who never changes, and that is God; and the nearer we get to Him, the less will be the change for us, the less will nature be able to work on us; and when we reach Him, and stand with Him, we shall conquer nature, we shall be masters of phenomena of nature, and they will have no effect on us.As different streams having different sources all mingle their waters in the sea, so different tendencies, various though they appear, crooked or straight, all lead to God.......

6. that's true, the world changes but only God remains

7. The fear of living

is also an absolute limitation that can be described as someone who is looking at the world from a window, but who does not leave his house to play, walk, love, talk, smile, etc. It only remains in that passive plane where there is no place for action, laughter, movement, decision.

Now let's reflect on a very specific fear. The fear of saying that we are followers of Jesus and speaking openly of his teachings. Afraid of what, will you ask? Well, to criticism, to mockery, to not take you into account when they organize their parties, their walks, rejection, contempt, in short, everything that can make you feel uneasy and even humiliated according to your point of view. Your other question could be, and how can I overcome that fear? Having the assurance that God is on your side taking care of you, comforting you and giving you his love. He says it in His Word, then it's true, you have to believe Him. You can also overcome fear by taking the first step, that is, by beginning to live as a follower of Jesus. You can start by taking your Bible with you everywhere, that will put you in the public showcase. If you manage to do that, you will soon be taking another step and in the end nothing will stop you. This does not mean that criticism or ridicule will end. What I tell you is that they will no longer affect you for evil, but that you will be happy to suffer for following Jesus.

Judges 6: 12-18 Reina-Valera 1960 (RVR1960)
    12 And the angel of the Lord appeared to him, and said to him, "The LORD is with you, you valiant and courageous man."

13 And Gideon said to him, "Oh, my lord, if the LORD is with us, why has all this happened to us? And where are all his wonders, which our fathers have told us, saying, Did not Jehovah bring us out of Egypt? And now Jehovah has forsaken us, and delivered us into the hand of the Midianites.

14 And Jehovah looked at him and said to him, "Go with this your strength, and you will save Israel from the hand of the Midianites." I'm not sending you?

15 Then he said to him, "Oh, my lord, with what will I save Israel? Behold, my family is poor in Manasseh, and I am the youngest in my father's house.

16 The LORD said to him, "Surely I will be with you, and you will defeat the Midianites as one man."

17 And he said, I pray you, if I have found favor with you, give me a sign that you have spoken with me.

18 I beg you not to leave here until I come back to you, and take my offering and set it before you. And he replied: I'll wait until you come back.

Dr. Jekyll, Roady and Deleted Account like this.
  8. I live with a lot of fear to be wrong, if God tells me in his word that to those who love him everything helps them well, and I strive from now on to please him, I know that in his hands everything will be under control and my fears will be they will extinguish.

Dr. Jekyll likes this.
  9. Angel electrico

Angel electrico Fapstronaut

This is in my opinion one of the hardest strugles in every christian life, because sometimes we feel like we are being judged for speaking out all the love that God and Jesus have give to us by sharing his word and wisdom. I pray to God he gives me the strength to talk about him and spread his message of love to everyone I meet without any fear.

Deleted Account, Roady and Dr. Jekyll like this.
  10. Maybe you've always heard phrases that disqualify you or because you see that nothing good happens around you, every day are the same situations of violence, injustice, contempt. Of course we know that God exists and we have heard of the miracles that Jesus did when He was here on earth, but it seems that this is a thing of the past. It is true that God is with you, although many do not want to accept it or can not see it, it is more, even if you yourself do not agree, God looks at your capacity, your potential and tells you: you have to change your world, you have to change your family, to your place of work, to your educational center, together we can do it. How good it would be if all who are reading this believe that it is true and the signs are repeated that will help the unbelievers to become part of the family of God. You dare to leave the anonymity and make yourself known as someone who believes God, I hope so, God counts on you.

Judges 6: 12-18 Reina-Valera 1960 (RVR1960)
    12 And the angel of the Lord appeared to him, and said to him, "The LORD is with you, you valiant and courageous man."

13 And Gideon said to him, "Oh, my lord, if the LORD is with us, why has all this happened to us? And where are all his wonders, which our fathers have told us, saying, Did not Jehovah bring us out of Egypt? And now Jehovah has forsaken us, and delivered us into the hand of the Midianites.

14 And Jehovah looked at him and said to him, "Go with this your strength, and you will save Israel from the hand of the Midianites." I'm not sending you?

15 Then he said to him, "Oh, my lord, with what will I save Israel? Behold, my family is poor in Manasseh, and I am the youngest in my father's house.

16 The LORD said to him, "Surely I will be with you, and you will defeat the Midianites as one man."

17 And he said, I pray you, if I have found favor with you, give me a sign that you have spoken with me.

18 I beg you not to leave here until I come back to you, and take my offering and set it before you. And he replied: I'll wait until you come back.

11. Nice post....This thread is really awesome...Really God is everything.When we don't have anything.Only god helps us.God shows hope.God is a great teacher and supreme power.God will show great path for your beautiful life

Roady and Deleted Account like this.
  12. Amen, God is all in all. if they wish.

13. True.You know mostly people lose hope when they see the life struggle.And blame on god.they say that because of god we are facing all these problem.But forget it.We believe in God:)

14. Absolulty true words @Roady :)

Roady likes this.