1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Finally taking matters seriously for (hopefully) the last time!

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Phoenix-free, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Phoenix-free

Phoenix-free Fapstronaut

I've had problems with MO (probably since I was around 12). Later on, with the internet, I added P. I have had periods of self-control--sometimes periods of over a year, but I'm ready for there to be no further relapses. As it says in 1 Corinthians 13:11, "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things".

The way that the media has normalized M, I thought that by abstaining, I was missing out on what everyone else was experiencing. I'm glad to know that there are many other people succeeding in their abstinence, and that they are experiencing positive consequences to their abstinence. I know I'll need help. My last time PMO was last night. I always feel like less of a man afterward. If I could only remember that before-hand, I think it might help.

I'm planning on filling my days and nights with different activities to keep me occupied (and not alone). And I need some emergency back-up plans for when that doesn't take care of everything (for example, if I wake up in the middle of the night with the urge, I may go for a run in the neighborhood--physical exercise coupled with being outside). What I really need, though, is someone to be accountable to. This isn't really a thing you can speak with your co-workers about.

I live alone and am fairly new to the city...I need to make friends (and soon). Any ideas? I don't know how to join in on a challenge...I'll try figuring that out, but in the mean-time, while I hope to never PMO again, I'm starting with a week. As I reach different goals, I'll extend out to two weeks, a month, 3 months, 6 months, a year, etc. I also like having a reward scheduled for each milestone...still trying to figure that out. I'll be reading some posts in the different forums, but feel free to contact me with helpful tips/strategies for success.

Thanks, and I'm glad to have found this resource!

2. aaron92

aaron92 Fapstronaut

Hello and welcome to Nofap. Sounds like you've got a good plan for quitting PMO :) I reckon the best way to make friends in an unfamiliar city is to develop a hobby/ interest, and use that as a way of meeting up with people.

3. hrb78

hrb78 Fapstronaut

Good luck my friend. Remember we are here to support you. Love you buddy.

4. Phoenix-free

Phoenix-free Fapstronaut

Thanks. I guess it's a little out of my comfort zone to start new activities without friends. But it makes complete sense that you can't change your life without leaving the comfort zone.