1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Film & cinema

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by AClearLife, Oct 8, 2014.

1. AClearLife

AClearLife Fapstronaut

Greetings!

OK, I will start with this small intro and make another post afterward for my first suggestion on a film that was recently released in as a major motion picture.

INTRO
    I'd like this thread to be a place where all can visit to talk on the ideas regarding films and related subjects in the subject.

So, just as a side note, I seriously ambitious about creating short & feature films as I am a director and also a writer on the side. Personally, there are many films that I find inspiring so on this thread I will be sharing some films that have given me motivation to move forward in life.

MOVIEPASS
    A few months back I bought a sub to MoviePass where you can see a movie every single day (every 24 Hours) for only $35.00 a month. This is a great way to stay accountable and another way to get outside of your head and your house! :)

Just go to MoviePass.com and make sure you have an APP-driven Smartphone. You need the app !

2. AClearLife

AClearLife Fapstronaut

FIRST movie up for discussion. (Trailer below)

MEN, WOMEN, & CHILDREN
    Personal rating: 6-8

MOVIE WARNING: SEVERE TRIGGERS - Websites, Photography, Sex

I saw this film on a whim as there was nothing else very interesing at my local theatre. Plus, I had seen the trailer and was intrigued by the level of 'Cultural Exposure' for a feature film. It was clearly related on a similar level to Joseph Gordon Levitt's DON JON. Now, that is not to say it is even remotely the same but it carries the same kind of message for us users here on NoFap. To be fair, I have not seen Don Jon in a few months but so I forget the ending and exactly what resulted in the end.

Anyhow, I'll make this first review/suggestion a short one.

I initially was led to believe that many people should view this film for the sake of education. I think it's important for many people, most of all those who wish to abstain from PMO, to be reminded again and again, over and over, just how severe the effects of PMO can be.

Now the results in MEN, WOMEN, & CHILDREN is not exactly straight forward and it may only carry a vague assurance of the damages. However the movie succeeded in reminding me of the potentially life damaging effects of PMO and I would say that it made me reaffirm my reasons for the life changes I have made over the past few months.

I feel somewhat unqualified to give this movie a legitmate rating on my opinion of the film as a whole, but if I had to I'd probably place it between a 6-8 (out of 10) mainly for the reasons for abstaining from PMO.

BEWARE the warning above. You will definitely want to shut your eyes during the explicit parts. There are literally references made to explicit websites that may prove as a deadly reminder so view this picture in theaters at your own sanity !

Again, VIEW THIS PICTURE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to the expansion of this thread as a device for combating PMO and raising moral, inspiration, and motivation.

MEN, WOMEN, & CHILDREN (Trailer)
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3179568/?ref_=nv_sr_1