1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

feeling lonely and acting out

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by PJT, Feb 13, 2019.

1. PJT

PJT Fapstronaut

I've just been feeling very lonely lately. I'm always up and down hot and cold but this week, I got extremely defensive at work after the owner/boss changed our commission plan. This basically took away commission/money from me. As a result I fired off a bunch of emails detailing a whole lot of deficiencies in our company and put a lot of blame on my two managers of company wide issues. Me and the owner get along well enough, personal bias aside that is. I let him know that I am pissed about his direction with the commission but I was able to go off on my other managers to him and have a constructive conversation on where the company is headed.

It's like all I have is this stupid job, and no girl. I was close about 2 months ago, but now that's over.

It didn't end there though, after work at night I went to the cvs right next to where I live and I was attempting to buy something that was on sale, however it didn't ring up as a sale item and the cashier was being a prick. I told her the item was on sale and then she said it wasn't, I said she should go look and she said no. Immediately I asked to speak to the manager who was not there, eventually he comes from outside and he did acknowledge the item was on sale. at this point though I was so fed up with how long he took I didn't want the item. The girl was still being loud and obnoxious the whole time. I was insistant on filing a complaint against the girl. The mangager didn't want to provide me the phone number so I found it in on my phone and called right then and there. i told the complaint line I wanted the girl fired. I called again today and reiterated this.

I'm going back and forth in my head about this and if it's right/wrong morally what am I doing etc. If i wasn't so damn lonely I probably wouldn't expend energy on trying to ruin someone's livelihood...then at the same time she could have just checked and this could have been solved. Hell, if I had someone, maybe I don't go to CVS to buy some ice cream to begin with.

2. The level of stupidity at CVS was always high. Every time I'd encounter a worker there that had some intelligence I wanted to tell them go get out of there fast and find work somewhere else.

I finally quit going to CVS and don't ever plan on going back. Not worth the aggravation.

PJT likes this.
  3. Max666

Max666 Fapstronaut

If we wanna create great music then we have to increase our awareness of it's basic form, exaggerate it, make it bigger and build from there.

The same is true for being negative towards someone/thing; we fixate on the trivial things and breath meaning into it to make it bigger. We seem to think that just because we're feeling uncomfortable emotions then we mustn't be doing all this, someone else must be, but it's not true. That's the reason people dont take responsibility when they lose their temper but do so when they do something good like create music or write a novel or clean their room. It's like anything that feels uncomfortable has nothing to do with us.

If I were to give you advice I would simply say learn to distance yourself from things.

And yes, I dont know you but this really applies to everyone, at least anyone who doesn't suffer from severe mental illness and I mean severe on the extreme scale. I've had bipolar since I was 6 so I know the difference. There's crazier nutbags out there than you or I, who eat their meals in padded cells. You have a good job, you're mentally secure, you're intelligent, there's nothing wrong with you. And btw, I think not having a girlfriend is probably the excuse you use now because the (advertising) world keeps reminding you it's Valentine's Day. Single people get depressed at that time of year as they do on Christmas but again, it's a choice.

justafriend and PJT like this.
  4. Marik757

Marik757 Fapstronaut

You can't control everything in your life. Mistakes happens, people have bad days, but you shouldn't let it get the best of you. It shows an low lvl of confidence and immaturity. It's like an kid throwing an temper tantrum about why they can't get candy.

At your job you just got to deal with the changes. If you dont like it then start looking for another job. The company could had easily laid off people instead of it was restructuring its finances.

You need to change your mindset when around people. When you are mad/pissed you will act mad/pissed. Instead evaluate the situation.

At CVS you could had said "I think there is an mistake, could you help me look into this? The item was listed as on sale."

When you commanded her to go look to see if it was on sale, of course she would had reacted in the way she did. It's not her fault the item didnt ring up right. Maybe an stocker placed the item in wrong spot, and someone forgot to add the item on the sales list

Deesculate the situation as its easier to work with people who are not threatened or blamed.

5. PJT

PJT Fapstronaut

I mean I did say there was a mistake and that the item was on sale. She kept saying it wasn't and I said she could take a look. I was cordial enough with my ask when she didn't move to look I asked her again, 'you aren't going to look' and she looked blank and said "no" then I got sharp with my words and asked for the manager and added a "hurry up" to my demand. The problem is, I met her ignorance with my own. In some ways I feel like getting her fired saves everyone who walks in the store, in another way, I feel for her need of having a job or whatever. I am weighing back n forth on calling the complaint line again to deescalate my complaint still. I don't feel like I blamed her for the issue, but I put the onus on her to fix the issue and when she didn't then I put blame on her for not trying to fix it. The particular store has like 1.5 or 2 stars on google reviews for what its worth.

I work at a very small company, there is like 5-7 of us working in the back office, everyone else works on a government contract onsite. I actually care that the owner is successful, but he keeps trying to sh*t on the wrong people in the company and I feel like it's guided by these two managers that he will never distance himself from. Anyway yeah i'm looking for a new job so hopefully something comes of it.

6. PJT

PJT Fapstronaut

Thank you for this, I think this was what I was trying to convey in my first post, pretty much, why am I trying to breathe meaning into this negativity and let it drive me? I'm going to call the complaint line and ask to just speak to the District Manager and explain that i do understand his employees have a hard job but that it gets more complicated when bad interactions with customers happen, I don't want the person fired but do expect the person to do their job when working. And just leave it at that.

With work I've been trying to distance myself, but it's like it's all I got so sometimes I just act out. I'm going to continue working on this.

7. PJT

PJT Fapstronaut

Okay so today I was given a call from the CVS store manager. He immediately apologized but I had a more deeper conversation with him. I told him that I did not want any of the employees to get fired but that I hope they can be better. I told him that I can understand their negativity or rather the 'matter of fact' type of attitude as this store frequently gets robbed etc. He told me that he felt I was a stand up guy and that if I ever had any issues please go through him instead of calling corporate. He even suggested that the manager on duty made it difficult for me to call the corporate number when he gave me the number he gave me and he was upset about it. After taking some time, I realized that I don't want to ruin someone else's livelihood, but I did want to get my point across. Whether the store manager actually reprimands them or not I can't know, but what I do know, is that multiple people had to get involved which was their time spent just like my time was spent and wasted bc of one employees action. At the end of the day, a twisted as it may, that's my thing...if you waste my time then expect the same back. I am happy he took the initiative to call me and I am happy to put this all behind me. New week better outlook on my end.

Deleted Account and Marik757 like this.