1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

feeling bad for inanimate objects

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Apr 21, 2019.

1. I know this is extremely common among infps not sure about other types, i believe infjs to, me for example as an infp, all my life i have felt bad for things, like earlier i had to explain to my plushies why i could not take them all to training school with me after bootcamp and why i chose the 3 i did, i felt awful but i think they all understand i love them equally, or i might be playing animal crossing and i see a lonely flower, i will than go out of my way and find another flower so it can have a friend. Another example would be i will reach for a cup or something, and if i see another one i like better i will feel terrible about the one i just put my hand on because its not going to get used now and i feel like i hurt its feelings. I believe this is a trait people with extreme levels of empathy have, well empaths, seeing how it is so common among infps anyways, but than again we are known as the children of the myers briggs world so we might just be wackos haha. https://www.reddit.com/r/infp/comments/7mon55/does_anyone_else_feel_a_level_of_empathy_for/, https://www.personalitycafe.com/infp-forum-idealists/88585-inanimate-objects-feelings.html.

Deleted Account and CoolBuddy7 like this.
  2. I expected this kind of behavior in little kids... not grown ass men. So... yes, INFPs are wackos. :p

But I tend to have extremely long and detailed conversations with myself (when alone). So I'm a wacko too. :D

CoolBuddy7 likes this.
  3. yah same i talk to myself all the time, i get caught a lot, not like i am hiding it but its awkward in public lol.

CoolBuddy7 likes this.
  4. I used to feel that way when i was a kid, but....

Inanimate objects have no feelings or thoughts. I realize that now, as an adult.

5. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

I have a small amount of that

6. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I still do it, and talk alone a lot too. I remember a friend of mine who found a marihuana cigarette or something on the ground and felt bad for it so he smoked it, after that he just walked into the sunset while saying nonsensical words and we never saw him again, because he moved to another state.

EatCake likes this.
  7. EatCake

EatCake Fapstronaut

Same.

8. Coolbuddy7

Coolbuddy7 Fapstronaut

It happens every single time.:p

9. what happens when you break one? lol

10. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

The world is a small place, with a lot of junkies.

EatCake likes this.
  11. I remember when I was little, I used to execute my GI Joes with a BB gun and feel bad afterwards. The world is a much different place now. I feel more empathy for the stuffed dog I've had since I was a baby than any living being. Thinking about it, I'm more than a bit messed up. I've never felt like I truly belonged in this world.

12. One of the things I like about my Autism is I never lost my inner child, but that also makes things harder as well. In games I feel bad about hurting cute and non aggressive animals, and in real life I have a strong case of guilt if I accidentally step on my plushes or something.

Ever since bloody Toy Story I can't look at anything the same, I know they're not real but a huge part of me makes them real to the point where I feel bad about it, especially if I give something away. Don't even get me started on flowers, I can't buy and don't like receiving any as I know they'll eventually die. :(

KS1994 likes this.
  13. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Inanimate objects are interesting beings. The walls always threaten to stub my feet while rain tries to make me freeze to death.

14. i feel bad for my trash can everyday so i just became a trash can so it wouldn't have to suffer like that

15. CodeTalker

CodeTalker Fapstronaut

I feel bad when I kill npc in video games (even baddies) so I always end up doing a non lethal playthrough. Same way I can’t delete save game even if I will never play the game again.

Also I talk alone a lot and I have to make sure that my plushies can breath before sleeping. I may be nuts. No I’m nuts but I’m okay with it.

16. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I do that too. If there is a non-lethal way, I always take it.

17. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

Wow.

I'm the guy who punched everything that moved in Minecraft once just to see what would happen. And if it didn't bite or run the first time, I'd light it on fire with flint and steel.
    In games, I go ballistic.

It sounds like a variant of OCD, but tbh it's pretty cool to see there are people who play games this way ("non-lethal" walkthrough, as you call it). It sounds more challenging, actually.

However do you guys manage games like Pokemon, Persona and Halo?

18. CodeTalker

CodeTalker Fapstronaut

I have no problem killing monsters. It’s when human are involved that I can’t do it.
    Pokémon is okay because there is no actual killing. Persona is monster so it’s okay.
    I have more trouble with FPS. That’s why I don’t play cod, battlefield and such.
    The more realistic it is the sadder I feel.
    Weirdly enough I love hitman, but not for the killing, just the thrill of impersonating people, getting to forbidden places.. And I just take care of the target.

i wasn’t always like that thought. I remember enjoying the airport scene in cod4 back then. Maybe it’s tied to the fact that games are getting really realistic.
    Also killing people in uncharted doesn’t feel the same as in battlefield V.

CTRL + DEL likes this.
  19. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Ah, myers-briggs, the atheists' horoscope.

I do too feel like that sometimes. It's a sign of high levels of empathy. Although while you can't force yourself to feel otherwise, it'd be better not to let it affect your life too much.