1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Video game/ video game series

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by wildwood, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Vast World

Vast World Fapstronaut

Persona 3 and 4
    Tekken series (mainly Tekken Tag Tournament 2)

Calm likes this.
  2. Shyguy95

Shyguy95 Fapstronaut

11. Fallout 3
    10. Skyrim
    9. Super Mario Sunshine
    8. Resident Evil 4
    7. Heavy Rain
    6. Dark Souls 1-2 (So hyped for DS 3)
    5. Mass Effect Series
    4. Legend of Zelda Series
    3. Chrono Trigger
    2. Ace Attorney games
    And my #1 is the Zero Escape series. (9 hours, 9 persons 9 doors and it's sequel Virtue's Last reward) This is actually a visual novel but it has an amazing story that will blow your mind.

letter, Dizzy Lotus, Calm and 2 others like this.
  3. Toven

Toven Fapstronaut

Zelda!

I just bought Smash Bros for Wii U. If anyone has it and wants to battle on, hit me up!

4. Calm

Calm Fapstronaut

HEAVY RAIN!

and Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy where I doth dwelleth)...:D

[​IMG]

Shyguy95, Knight Solaire and wildwood like this.
  5. JD1

JD1 Fapstronaut

Mass effect trilogy
    Lara Croft Tomb Raider Legend and Lara Croft Tomb Raider Anniversary
    Fifa series
    Dragon Quest 9
    Juiced Eliminator
    Pokemon games
    Advance Guardian Heroes
    Simpsons Hit and Run
    Fifa Street
    Space Invaders

There's so many more.

6. Jehu2077

Jehu2077 Fapstronaut

Love Fallout
    Elder Scrolls
    Mass Effect
    Batman of course
    Playing the crap out of Mad Max right now, I like it a lot more than I thought I would. Mostly vehicular destruction with some fisticuffs, but it's mindless lovely fun.

Calm likes this.
  7. Dizzy Lotus

Dizzy Lotus Fapstronaut

I wonder if anyone has played my favourites! Probably, as I game and have gamed quite a lot in my life. ;)

On pc the games I always loved playing are the great 1999 RC racing game Re-Volt, and the 1991 Puzzle/Skill-based classic Lemmings (I often play a quite different, fan-made remake of the latter nowadays, but it all still originates from the original.)
    On Atari ST, games I loved as a kid and still occasionally play now (Yes, we have an Atari ST set up, ready to play! [​IMG]) are Dizzy: Prince of the Yolkfolk, The Great Giana Sisters and Lotus III.
    On the consoles and handhelds I own (GBC, GBA SP Tribal Edition, Wii with Gamecube, N64, Wii U) I really love Yoshi's Island, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Super Mario Maker, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy, Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town, Mario Kart Wii, and many more.
    Games that are high on my wish-list: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Super Mario Sunshine, and Yoshi's Woolly World.
    What do you think? [​IMG]
    (also, if you played both: which one do you recommend? Ocarina of Time or Wind Waker? I think that if I buy one, I won't buy the other for a long time, but I'm not sure on which one to go for first.)

Calm and Caveat Emptor like this.
  8. Caveat Emptor

Caveat Emptor Distinguished Fapstronaut

I think Wind Waker would be a better one to start with, especially if you've never played a Zelda game before. The Wii U version is really, really good. Its lighter and easier that OoT, and I think it has more humor as well.

Dizzy Lotus likes this.
  9. Toven

Toven Fapstronaut

I think Ocarina would be hard to play now in comparison. I would play Twilight Princress instead of Ocarina, but Ocarina is the better game. It's just that I think it was best enjoyed in its day.

10. Toven

Toven Fapstronaut

Caveat Emptor likes this.
  11. Dizzy Lotus

Dizzy Lotus Fapstronaut

Thanks for replying! [​IMG]
    But how is the Wii U version better than the Gamecube version? (I don't think there's a difference graphics-wise between Gamecube and Wii U on the television I use, it's out of the N64 era [​IMG])

12. Caveat Emptor

Caveat Emptor Distinguished Fapstronaut

It'll be easier to find, for one!
    I think they sped up the sailing portion. Having the map on the gamepad, and not having to pause to bring it up all the time, is really helpful, especially with the treasure salvaging.
    Certain items are automatically equipped to the d-pad in certain situations (like the sail when you're in the boat) which leaves your equipment buttons available for other things and keeps you out of the pause screen more. That and you can use the gamepad to change equipment without pausing.
    I personally think the moving of the gamepad is more intuitive than a joystick when it comes to aiming.

There's a social aspect integrated into the Miiverse, if that's your thing.

In short, the Wii U version is much more streamlined. Before you'd have to change things on the pause menu every several minutes, and now you hardly ever have to.

Oh! And the best part... Link can take selfies!!!!

wildwood and Dizzy Lotus like this.
  13. Toven

Toven Fapstronaut

Just bought Mario Kart 8, should arrive Wednesday if anyone has it and is down to clown.

Dizzy Lotus likes this.
  14. SideswipePrime

SideswipePrime Fapstronaut

Top 3 Video Games: The World Ends With You, The Wonderful 101, and Persona 4

Favorite Franchise: Persona

Consoles I own: PS2, PS3, PSP, 360, Wii U, and 3DS (I used to own a Gamecube, but I don't anymore...I miss that thing).

15. kevinkevin19

kevinkevin19 Fapstronaut

My favorite games are:
    -Final Fantasy(7-X2)
    -Persona(3 and 4)
    -Tales of(Destiny and Eternia)
    -Twisted Metal(EX, 3, 4 and the one where they're all children)
    -Army Men Air Attack and Sarge's Heroes
    -Worms
    -The Sims
    -Tekken 3-6(haven't played 7 yet)
    -Marvel vs Capcom, Marvel vs Street Figher, Street Fighter
    -Smackdown(Know Your Role, Here Comes The Pain, vs Raw)
    -Dynasty Warriors(4, 5, Tactics and Warrior Orochi)
    -Fight Night
    -Call of Duty
    -NBA2K and Live
    -FIFA
    -Left4Dead
    -Def Jam
    -Empire Earth
    -Crash Bandicoot
    -Spyro the Dragon

also for online games I played Cabal, Ran, Freestyle, Gunbound, Gunz, Rakion, Dota 1 and 2, Counterstrike, and a little bit of LoL and HoN

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    SideswipePrime likes this.
  16. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

I used to play it too, even made a few cars for it. I haven't seen a more moddable racing game since.

17. Lumberjack-off-Man

Lumberjack-off-Man Fapstronaut

Top 5 video game series in this order:

-Kingdom Hearts
    -Pretty much any Mario game (especially SM 64 and Mario Kart)
    -The Legend of Zelda
    -The Elder Scrolls
    -Pokemon

18. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

I got into pokemon showdown recently. I can't access the smogon dex for some reason so I've had o figure some stuff out on my own, with mixed results.

19. Framones

Framones Fapstronaut

The elder scrolls saga and FIFA!

20. lee

lee Fapstronaut

Uncharted 3 and 'The last of Us' are the best!!!!!