1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fantasies

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, May 23, 2019.

1. Hey! I have problem that many of us face. I'm on nofap now, and theres a problem. I twnd to fantasize a bit. I know I wont give up, but I just want to stop doing that somehow. Can anybody suggest something?

2. Truth-Seeker

Truth-Seeker Fapstronaut

I'm 45 days with no P & M, I'm not doing hard mode since I have an SO. I'm having a hard time fighting off the fantasies today. Best I've come up with is to imagine those thoughts are some kind of demonic force that I'm battling. Like I'm John Snow fighting off the hordes of undead. I literally imagine myself slaying them with a sword or axe LOL. Kind of violent but it makes me feel powerful over these thoughts that attempt to drag me back into the hell that PMO made my life. Writing this is also helping.

Enulv, Deleted Account and CH3RRY like this.
  3. I agree with @Truth-Seeker on the issue of fantasizing. That's what I've found works best for me as well, to fight it off as though I'm fighting something more tangible, rather than thinking of them as my own thoughts, if that makes sense. Hope this helps, and good luck!

Enulv likes this.
  4. happy camper

happy camper Fapstronaut

abstinence from PMO is the first step in ridding yourself of any fantasies. your brain will keep feeding you flashbacks in hope of getting that dopamine rush again. but know that you can weather the storm. by fantasising you are still maintaining those same neural pathways related to PMO. try to remember that it is a colossal waste of time and that people are not sex objects. by fantasising about them you are not actually getting laid. if you can relate to them on a personal level and humanise them, i find it becomes very hard to fantasise about anybody. it could be a random stranger on a street or it could be a celebrity or whoever, they are people. they have emotions, hopes and dreams just like the rest of us.

take a mental break from indulging yourself in this counterproductive activity and see the magic of how your brain rewires itself for the better. nobody said it would be easy, nobody said it would be hard. it's all in your attitude and perspective. the person you fantasise about, you and your brain all deserve better.

Enulv likes this.
  5. Fantasies and sex stories are my poison of choice. I used to fantasize a lot, I couldn't even go to sleep without some bedtime sex story rolling on in my head.

It's a lot better now. Rather than fighting the thoughts, I ignore them. I let them slide, not as if I'm Jon fighting zombies, more like I let them come and go. These thoughts are not mine, I don't own them and don't engage with them. I'd rather think about something other, that way I'm calmer, and it costs me less effort.

helpinghand4all and Enulv like this.
  6. helpinghand4all

helpinghand4all Fapstronaut

I have a serious problem of nightfall due to sexual thoughts as i'm on a low day count. And everytime nightfall occurs i relapse, to counter this situation i replaced my sexual thoughts with mathematical problems and they are the best cure to sexual fantasies till now, however i've never gotten rid of sexual thoughts i have to put up new problems till i sleep. Hope it helps you.

FollowYourBeard and Enulv like this.