1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Facial hair growth

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by BetterPerson, Aug 13, 2014.

1. BetterPerson

BetterPerson Fapstronaut

Hey guys what's up? I hope you're doing great on this fight.
    I was wondering if masterbation is somehow linked to facial hair growth, I mean if assuming I'm masterbation a lot could that cause to decrease it? If yes, will quitting MO could enhance the testosterone and get my beard a better growth? I know it may not related but just wanna make that's all.I'm 24 yrs and I do have a fine beard,so on what age does the facial growth stop?

2. Ekhangel

Ekhangel Fapstronaut

I don't know about an age in which facial hair growth stops, but if there is one, then I sure can't wait.

3. BetterPerson

BetterPerson Fapstronaut

Haha why? I have to shave per week and I find it so awesome, maybe because I'm still young :D

4. Misfit

Misfit Fapstronaut

I've got a full beard at the moment - hipster style, sideburns, parting and short back and sides.

First shave was about 14, first short goatee style beard was in my twenties, but for the majority of my life I've been clean shaven.

If I turn into Ernest Hemmingway I'll let you know :D

5. MelancholyWeightlifter

MelancholyWeightlifter Distinguished Fapstronaut

I'm 19 and could probably grow a decent beard. But I think it would be too patchy to be worth it. It seems you just get hairrier as you get older. Old men can have epic beards.

6. Asafoetida

Asafoetida Fapstronaut

My hair (on my head)feels palpably heavier and smoother. I have been using an organic shampoo and taking cold showers, but nofap certainly has played a role.

I posted this on reddit and people responded saying their shoulders feel broader, facial hair growth has grown, skin is smoother and a host of other better appearance outcomes. One guy even claimed to have sprouted hair at a 15 yr old bald spot.

One guy explained (with citations):
    Sure, PMO is really bad for hair:
    Dopamine shuts down hair production,
    These data provide dopamine is an inhibitor of human hair growth
    Zinc inhibits 5ar enzymes which convert T into DHT, DHT is bad for hair in many it creates pro inflammatory enzymes - Zinc is lost in semen
    Orgasm raises DHT levels

So I'd say couple nofap with a workout, cold showers, better diet and such positive steps. No doubt your facial hair will sprout smoothly!

7. MelancholyWeightlifter

MelancholyWeightlifter Distinguished Fapstronaut

Possibly. I think I'm just a little young yet for a really full beard.

8. coolmike87

coolmike87 Fapstronaut

Im 24 and have a very full beard but shave it every other day. I shave every other day because I have very sensitive skin and the hairs are to short the day after I shave and cause irritation.
    However... I have noticed this week that Even after one day of not shaving my hair is growing out faster... I could start shaving every day. It has been a noticeable increase. I have read that testosterone builds up and if your not ejaculating all of those proteins and vitamins, whos to say that your hair won't grow faster? As for how thick it is that might be more of genetics...

9. UnfoldTheSoul

UnfoldTheSoul Fapstronaut

TBH I'm 19 and I'm a monkey on facial hair LOL. Had a small moustache when I was 12 (!). I PMO'ed since I was 12 and in my knowledge it never changed anything about it. So I believe it's not really connected

10. Ferdydurke

Ferdydurke Fapstronaut

I was wondering about some related issues to this too. I started to get bald from about my 22th birthday (i'm 25) at least then it was noticable. I shaved off all of my hair and was planning to keep my head all bald the rest of my life, but because i'm lazy I kept it growing for a month or two now (I started NoFap in april, but failed a lot of times). I do notice it is getting better in quality but maybe i'm just imagening things. I think i'm very susceptible for the placebo-effect. So if people here on NoFap say this challenge relates to facial hair growth, I will notice it, maybe not because it is so but because I want to see it. I have no idea, but for now I like my looks better with hair :)

11. Mystical•Citra

Mystical•Citra Fapstronaut

I say yes, my hair is healthier and growing faster since I started nofap.

12. 4xeMSPE

4xeMSPE Fapstronaut

Thanks for sharing

13. Iggy

Iggy Fapstronaut

Man I'm 20 and my hair is thinning badly, hair at the back of my head is starting to feel pretty thin now as well. :-\ Have you tried anything to stimulate more hair growth?

14. Immor

Immor Fapstronaut

Meh, that is early to have that kind of problems.

I have just been told that my hair has gotten darker and what i am doing differently? I did give some possibilities, but not the most likely one ;)

15. AddictTheOne

AddictTheOne Fapstronaut

I need a fcking beard too xD

16. Finalfight123

Finalfight123 Fapstronaut

I think its kinda in your head I mean i think its an overtime thing with facial growth I don't think NoFap affects it whatsoever. Your looking for things that change it. I think that its just an overtime thing I've had a steady increase and I'm pretty sure it was just from me growing. Some people it takes longer others get it sooner so I think its really genetics. But if thinking that helps then so be it but don't let it be a let down if the results don't happen right away. Learn to enjoy the process and forget the end goal because without the process the end goal is meaningless.

17. marty22

marty22 New Fapstronaut

I wish it was connected, that would be great motivation for me. I wish I could grow a beard!

18. andres puertas

andres puertas Fapstronaut

In my experience there is a connection between no fapping and beard growth and even with hair growth. The periods of time I haven't masturbated I have always noticed my beard grows faster and my hair becomes thicker, also I lose less hair,I have to mention I am becoming bald since 4 years ago.
    It takes time to notice this, about a week, but definitely this happens to my body.
    Probably it has something to do with the testosterone since you don't ejaculate your levels of testosterone don't raise. They reach a top and stay there.

19. Fattyfatty1

Fattyfatty1 Fapstronaut

I don't think it's related as far as I can tell. I've had friends who had to start shaving since they were 12 and friends who are 20 now and never shave. I think facial hair growth is something that is predetermined by genetics rather than how much you choke your chicken.

20. FapstronautOne

FapstronautOne Fapstronaut

I agree. There was a guy in our class at school that fapped all the time and constantly spoke about sites he watched and yet had a full beard at 14.