1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Everyone is having sex! Not me!

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Potato93, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Potato93

Potato93 Fapstronaut

Sometimes media and a few friends makes me feel like shit with the argument that everyone is having sex but I'm not. I'm Losing part of my life"

Really? Seriously?

Sometimes I can see people that want to bring everyone to the slut side because they think that what they do is slut to society and want to build their own side.
    In my point of view (sorry if I'm offending you), people should take notice of their several affairs and go on slowly.

Teenagers tend to be more innocent and believe more in people, so what you say to them needs to be taken more seriously. My sister had her virginity taken at 14, not because she wanted, but because all of her friends had already done that and she needed too as well, so she decided that she would lost it to be accepted.

Mates, there are good people out there but, man, our society is shit sometimes.
    Our society can and will try to take your freedom self away by showing you their "truth" and numbers.

Cya!

Nova, Dragon Al, Osahon and 3 others like this.
  2. Monk Man

Monk Man Fapstronaut

majority of fapstronauts are Not having

Nova, bigbuford and Potato93 like this.
  3. Potato93

Potato93 Fapstronaut

A doctor once asked me my age, I said:

Than he kindly asked if Ive had sex already. I said no.

Than he said, you're 30% of the male population in this state!

At that moment, my anger wanted me to throw a punch into his face so he could never mention that again. Instead, I replied:

That's a really stupid estatistic! Thanks for sharing!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    Dragon Al and Grow_out_of_it like this.
  4. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

My mindset has drastically changed about sex ever since I started nofap. I used to want to just have sex with anyone I could but now I value my virginity and am in no hurry to lose it. Short term sexual release is not a big deal. What I look forward to is finding a deep meaningful relationship with equality and mutual trust and understanding. Sex is great but should not be the basis of a relationship. Finding someone else to really share my life with and be open with is one of if not the greatest driving force and motivation in my life with sex just being an added bonus and after thought.

Very true society can be shit. Being a teenager in highschool myself, its really sad to see how people my age view sex... Have gotten no support from anyone irl with nofap but thats their loss. This stuff really works :D

5. Sorry but I'm "that girl"
    The one who's gonna call you out on your bullshit.
    So your sister had sex at 14. Another person (man or woman), who doesn't know your sister at all other than that she had sex at 14, would label your sister a slut. They would have no idea that she was peer-pressured into it. I imagine she's still sexually active today. Are you okay with people calling your sister a slut because she lost her virginity at 14? (I really hope not). So, why is it okay for you to label other (people) sluts? It's also probable they had similar situations like your sister. But that fact doesn't mean anything if people keep generalizing (other people) as sluts because of age, frequency of sex, and/or number of partners.
    You can't get mad if people disrespect your sister based on what little they know about her if you are doing that yourself to other people's sisters.
    If your sister is still sexually active and has told anyone else what you told us, some person out there has labeled her slut.

Food for thought.

myownlanguage and DaCoiT like this.
  6. Potato93

Potato93 Fapstronaut

Would you like to share something? You got really offended by my post I can see.
    For me what defines someone being a slut is their sex drive and their promiscuity, unfortunately.

It's the idea of banalizing sex. YOU can view it as only means of pleasure, whatever, for me, thats the sick way of thinking.

Sluts do exist my friend, and they will try to bring you along with their lifestyle. That's the point of this thread.

I've been reading regarding this subject and the term slut originated only as means to control woman promiscuity, what I think is ridiculous. You can see that this word doesn't have the same impact in males, therefore, it also doesnt justify everyone going nuts with it and having sex in the streets 24h a day.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    Punisher06878 likes this.
  7. Potato93

Potato93 Fapstronaut

Virginity by itself isn't the big deal, the deal here is the same as any other type of social pressure. Letting the crowd decide your personal life.

There are the ones that will be able to resist it, and say no. And I'm glad that I'm one of these people.

Nova likes this.
  8. What, that I'm a virgin? That I don't think "banal" sex is fulfilling but that women have as much a right to partake in it as men without being shamed for it?
    Yeah of course I'm offended. I'm a woman and "slut shaming" is demeaning to us (and hurts men too)
    A girl can be promiscuous but she is never a slut.
    You didn't answer my question. Are you okay with people calling your sister a slut?

Potato93 likes this.
  9. Potato93

Potato93 Fapstronaut

Obviously not, therefore the word slut and promiscuous are really close in meaning. For me, partaking in banal sex is promiscuous, being man or woman.

10. OK still not answering my question. Let's just say you aren't okay with people calling your sister a slut. Then don't call other people's sisters that. It's hypocritical and you don't know the women any more than strangers know your sister. And even if you tell me she's not promiscuous, it doesn't matter. Someone somewhere would call your sister a slut just based on the age she lost her virginity or because they hold a grudge against her/women. That's how generalizations work. Down with the word.

Potato93 likes this.
  11. Potato93

Potato93 Fapstronaut

Indeed, my friend indeed! She's not better than you for that. Even so, if a girl asked me to have sex out of nothing Id be worried, others would not even question, but yeah, that's how you value yourself.
    Don't worry bro, things will get better!

12. Potato93

Potato93 Fapstronaut

Lol, I know how generalization works. And I can truly call my sisters high school (ex)friends whores, because I know them. They are highly superficial girls that only value prestige, money and fuelled my sister with extremely bad ideals.

Thank god she grew out of that later and perceived that what they were doing wasnt friendship, but a toxic simbiosis of approval. That happens a lot in teenage years, not only with my sister.

I wouldn't judge any girl purely based over what age they lost their virginity. You're the one twisting words against me here.

Nova and HopefulChristian like this.
  13. I'm really not. You let it sit with you awhile. I appreciate you liking my posts. Good luck with everything :)

Potato93 likes this.
  14. I don't think being a virgin until now at 28 gave me any success, pride or anything positive.
    It made me frustrated, lonely, isolated, and generally made me resentful of other people. It left my self-confidence dented as I couldn't feel like a normal, healthy guy. I feel undesired, unlovable, despite being a caring and good person. I deserve love and the affection that follows, but so far my chances are null. I'm the ambigually effeminate best friend at most to females. I did not chose this role in life, it was forced upon me. It hurts especially when my flatmates do the deed and I hear them. There are people that are far more negative, ore depressed, stupid or ugly than me, yet they lead healthy, rich sexual and love lives.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2017
    Amit_rc007 and Potato93 like this.
  15. Tekkadan

Tekkadan Guest

What hurts is not being a virgin, what hurts is your thinking around it. If you really want something, you need to get out there and get it. Don't be jealous of angry of the people around you, be happy for them if you care about them. Use your solitude to become stronger or make a plan and find yourself a lover. If this keeps hurting you I'd suggest going to a counselor. And remember, there are still lonely and hurt people even longer after they did the deed. That one thing doesn't mean much. It's like being jealous of people kissing, just more intimate of course.

Potato93 likes this.
  16. I went out there - bars, discos, yoga classes, language courses, dance classes, meetups whatever, nothing worked. I was either avoided and ignored like the plague or considered only worthy as a platonic friend, but I was never enough for them to make things romantic. I've had enough with solitude, all 16 years of it.

17. Tekkadan

Tekkadan Guest

Well, first of all if folks want to be a platonic friend. Take it and be grateful. Second of your, it's great that you're trying. Remember, successful people had to fail many many times before they achieved something. Love is no different. I know people who got rejected only 2x and others up to 30x before they found someone. I think it's not going to for you though as long as you have this hurtful attitude. I suggest you read "Feeling Good" Chapter 11 by David Burns and "Intimate Connections" by the same authors. Especially the 2nd will help you with dating. However, before you go out there and try to find someone, be happy with being alone. Being desperate pushes people away. I know it's not the best help, but remember to be grateful for what you have in life. Even if some things are missing.

Potato93 likes this.
  18. Some things? Love and affection are the driving forces behind life. Without them your health suffers, I know this very well. Career, education, or how much your parents love you don't matter for quality of life that much. I am not 12 anymore, I have the need to be emotionally and sexually close to a female.

Well I don't find any common topics to discuss with female friends really, most of them couldn't care less about cars, WWE, etc. With a GF it's different, your connection and future aspirations together can circumvent the lack of other common interrests.

19. Tekkadan

Tekkadan Guest

Mhh, well, tell me something. Why do you want a GF? Or sex? What do you promise yourself from that?

20. Because I would love to take care for someone. I would love to hold her in my arms and protect her. I would love to hold her hand and take a walk with her, see her smile and laugh. I would love to caress her and wake up next to her in the morning or go to sleep while hugging her. My self worth is directly connected to these things, you cannot understand if you're the typical guy that cares more about his career. I don't get my self worth from things like professional success or sports, I get it from giving protection and affection to someone. So it's no wonder why I cannot flourish and why my body is riddled with autoimmune things and various ailments. It's all due to being unwanted.