1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever Think about Someone Other than SO?

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Miss Winnie, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Miss Winnie

Miss Winnie Fapstronaut

You’re right. And before meeting this other guy, I could NEVER imagine myself or anyone cheating. Crazy, but...well, yeah

2. Miss Winnie

Miss Winnie Fapstronaut

Day 71
    • Fantasizing & thinking about last night.
    • No urges though
    Gotta move on and forward

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Johnhello

Johnhello Fapstronaut

thanks for content miss winnie, interesting stuff

Miss Winnie likes this.
  4. I would say the crush isn't really about the other person. It's just the addiction trying to build up some energy. Early in recovery, I was basically told not to talk to women whenever possible. Then came the 3 second rule. Now, if I spin up a fantasy about another person, I just tell myself that it's a bunch of bullsh*t and I don't really know that person, I am just projecting an image onto them.

When I see an attractive woman, I usually say to myself (with humor) "yeah, but if I really got to know her, I'd probably think she was a pain in the ass".

Plus, if I took half of the energy I used to put into fantasy and put it into my real life relationship, my real life relationship would be so much better.

Peace,
    -Quinn

5. Miss Winnie

Miss Winnie Fapstronaut

Radical advice. Thank you so much; I’ll take it.

Deleted Account and aknn83 like this.
  6. Miss Winnie

Miss Winnie Fapstronaut

Day 76 - mid day happenings
    • That guy happened to enter same lab building as me & tapped me on the shoulder saying hi
      • Yeah I know, pretty casual but I was very happy to see him & have him acknowledge me
      • Cue overthinking
      • It was nice; that is all
    • Stuck at school for over 12 hours today but at least I know I won’t be crazy fantasazing or doing anything here
    • Tired of being productive with schoolwork so I’ll take a mental break now with some music

7. Miss Winnie

Miss Winnie Fapstronaut

Day 78 - comfortable talking to guys
    • At that point in the semester where I can talk to any of the guys in my small class (15 people total)
      • COMFORTABLE - like friend comfortable, but I do I guess enjoy talking to 2 especially.
      • I’m glad I have VERY good confidence talking to any of them. My skill in the sport itself ain’t that good, but that’s fine.
      • I think about that same guy sometimes, but I do try to brush the thoughts (nonsexual) away & remind myself of all the good things I have going w my bf
      • It’s crazy how crazy we get when we’re shown attention
    • Talked to my bf yesterday about a lot of things: our urges, my goals, where I’m at with this reboot.
      • It’s really helped our relationship & made us closer & me more attracted to him; YAY
    • Lowww to none urges as of late. Few fantasy action, very very little.

8. Miss Winnie

Miss Winnie Fapstronaut

Day 84 - Tides Turning
    • Attraction for other guy has REALLY gone down (how bittersweet? Haha)
      • He shows less interest so that’s news that really this isn’t anything promising
      • Way he dresses doesn’t attract me (in regular/most situations we’re in the water so seeing him fully clothed is like eh)
      • He really is a youngin’ compared to me & has so much to learn & realistically I dontgotta think we’d be able to talk on the same level/page/understanding.
    • Hopefully just maybce can be friends now. I still like each person in my class as a person

Deleted Account and sagasing like this.
  9. sagasing

sagasing Fapstronaut

Really nice to hear the improvements.
    Keep going.

10. Miss Winnie

Miss Winnie Fapstronaut

Day 89 - Almost for Everything
    • hey guys, been doing okay
    • lot of studying/work for test, project/presentation this week & I am stoked to get all that over with
    • last weekend with boyfriend was good but I didn't have any urges
      • I mean, yeah it's a good things the urges aren't there to control me
      • but I kind of wanted to be intimate even though I wasn't really into it
      • made the time a little robotic
      • no PMO tho, nothing of the sort
    • fantasizing has gone downnnn, moreso because I told my friend I was having trouble not thinking about other guy
      • in-person accountability is insanely effective
    Anyway, I can't believe I'm right there.

11. Miss Winnie

Miss Winnie Fapstronaut

Day 100

• Everything is good; I feel great!
    • I stopped thinking about the guy...& then he asked me to hang out!!! I ended up not being to hang out so idk if that was a sign from God
    • I actually spoke w my bf about this
    Honestly just seeing how it will go now

Urges? Nahhhh
    How is intimacy w my partner?
    We are good very much with communicating & all that. Physically? It’s okay right now. My drive has gone down & wondering if it picks up

12. Miss Winnie

Miss Winnie Fapstronaut

Day 106

Some social media interaction with other personal. Eventually the truth will come out. Why am I so hesitant to say I’m in a relationship? Is it attention I enjoy?
    Pfft

sagasing and Deleted Account like this.
  13. Miss Winnie

Miss Winnie Fapstronaut

Day 110 - TURNS OUT HE’S a FBOI
    A fuckboy, great. That’s much less attractive & I’m glad I’m not all sucked in.

sagasing likes this.
  14. primaljade

primaljade Fapstronaut

Yes, I'll go ask them out, and tell one of my SO's about it.

Miss Winnie likes this.
  15. Miss Winnie

Miss Winnie Fapstronaut

Day 112
    Urges are none

But fudge, this guy is persistent and it doesn’t help that he’s so attractive

But like all if you have reminded me here
    - can he be as good as my SO? Answer is no

- is it worth to basically cheat?
    Answer is heck no. That’d be temporary bliss but heartache & guilt coupled w fact that fboy doesnt care about me, just himself and his wants

I’m just a friend if that, no more

sagasing likes this.
  16. Hi @Miss Winnie,

If this guy is a fuckboy as you mentioned, here is a suggestion for you.

He is a predator. Start thinking of him this way. I didn't mention this earlier but typically we folks with addictions tend to "send out waves" that make us prey. Even as a dude, there were many times I'd be at a social (especially work social) event and women would hit on me very aggresssively. That's because I was somehow sending out signals that I was "prey". Today, I don't send out that vibe anymore. I know how I used to do it. So start thinking of this guy as a predator merely after prey. In short time, you'll think he's just a tool and you will lose interest, like as in, you'll send out a vibe of "dude, I just don't care, beat it".

Hope this helps. I just woke up so I hope it is cogent. :)

Peace,
    -Quinn

17. primaljade

primaljade Fapstronaut

A predator?! Good grief.

18. Good grief nothing. He's not out to be her friend. He's not thinking about her best interests. He's out for himself. He found someone his schtick would work on. He knows she has a boyfriend. He doesn't care about him. He senses from her that she might compromise that relationship because of a weakness she is working with. So, yes, a predator.

Peace,
    -Quinn

19. sagasing

sagasing Fapstronaut

So True, maybe that idiot is himself addicted to PMO:);):p.
    @Miss Winnie i would just suggest u that change ur perception of looking at him instead of looking at him as predator look at him as victim of his own bad habits and then u might not find him as attractive but will instead feel urself as someone lot more powerful than u usually think u r after all we all know its all in the mind we just have to convince it our way and then things start to get sorted out.
    I hope this may help.
    Have a great day.

Miss Winnie likes this.
  20. Miss Winnie

Miss Winnie Fapstronaut

Hi Quinn!!! It’s so good to hear from you & this perspective is so enlightening.

Right now, I just feel really dumb because of all the energy and thought I’ve put into this guy. We’ve hung out twice & it was chill. He didn’t make any moves physically, but sometimes he’ll be like, let me sleep over or other stuff.

You’re right that he doesn’t care about my bf & he’s banking on me compromising my relationship, aw mannnn.

Maybe my weakness right now is just really wanting a friend and he’s the most available thing. But as you said, he might not be looking for a friend (someone you can talk to/rely on), he’s just looking for friend w benefits.

Thanks for the real talk, seriously! <3

sagasing and Deleted Account like this.