1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

EU court says UK can cancel Brexit, May drops Brexit deal vote

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Dec 10, 2018.

1. This is starting to look ugly.

We want you to stay btw

2. I don't like where it's going either as personally I'm conflicted and want us out of the EU for some reasons. And I will say I don't want to see our bloody currency transform from the Pound sterling to the Euro, goodbye character and heritage! :(

Towards Redemption likes this.
  3. You should gtfo of the EU imo

4. That's a shame. I'm looking for solace in the fact that the tea price will go down after Brits leave the common market :D

5. Clean Willy

Clean Willy Fapstronaut

Where are you from?

6. PhilJay

PhilJay Fapstronaut

I want to remain

kropo82 likes this.
  7. ukbritishbloke

ukbritishbloke Fapstronaut

We're not in the Euro, and have right never to be in the Euro, a right that no other country can take away. We wouldn't be in this stupid mess if people who voted Leave had bothered to understand anything about the EU first. If you voted Leave, it's your fault.

8. He meant that UK is not in the eurozone.

All EU countries are bound to switch to Euro at some point. There's no deadline so it can be 1000 years in the future.

Oh wait, wrong. Not all countries. When signing the Maastricht, the incoming country gets to negotiate opt-outs: parts of the treaty which won't apply to them. Denmark and Britain decided to opt-out of the euro obligation. So not only you wouldn't have to drop Sterling for 1000 years, you wouldn't have to do that, ever.

Brexit was started because political opportunists like Farage and Johnson jumped on the wave of anti-immigration mood set off by Frau Merkel's dumb decision. It's really sad how easy was it for them to mystify the British public and get away with it.

I guess I should hate the game and not the players. People are fucking stupid. Democracy was a mistake, I'm advocating for monarchy from now on.

9. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Theresa May couldn’t get a deal? How surprising; once again the will of the people have been ignored, all in the name of corporations and a massive EU government.

Who saw this coming?

DF8DCB7B-13AD-44B8-9FEA-E24A77DCA33F.jpeg

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. Who are they? Brits sit in the European Parliament as well, you know that right? It's not some Illuminati dudes from another planet dictating the poor nation states what to do.

What do you mean, "that will change"? Do you think that signed treaties can be ignored without impunity? You are not obliged to switch your currency, period.

It seems like a completely emotional decision on your part. Which you're completely entitled to do but it's still not easy to watch a country commit suicide.

11. Clean Willy

Clean Willy Fapstronaut

@_.._?

12. No you weren't. You stated your opinion of wanting to leave - no problem there - and that Britain has to change its currency which is absolute utter nonsense.
    It's written on my profile page.

13. Clean Willy

Clean Willy Fapstronaut

No it isn't. Why not state it clearly?

14. It is. Take a look!

15. Clean Willy

Clean Willy Fapstronaut

I have @_.._ and no country is mentioned.

16. As an American I think Brexit was a mistake. From my perspective Europe is stronger united than it is divided. The US is currently experiencing a lot of political and cultural instability and we look at the UK, which is our top ally and it looks like you guys are falling apart too.

This is exactly what Russia and China want. They want Europe to break apart and they want the United States to exit the world stage. Looks like they’re getting everything they want. While the US and it’s allies fracture and go their separate ways, China and others will be there to fill the vacuum.

Of course, as a democratic sovereign nation I believe Britain has the right to do as they wish. I’m just throwing out my two cents.

Deleted Account likes this.
  17. Watched a few clips of Remain politicians speaking. What a bunch of idiots. Trying to beat national pride with economics? Great strategy :emoji_face_palm:

They deserved to lose and in the end it's good not to have people on board who think EU is just a cash cow. Then again, it seems many think like that, including a lot of non-British MEPs. The world definitely thinks like that: I saw some American newspeople saying EU is like TPP. Juncker and Merkel are either too cautious or they genuinely think EU should be a smaller version of UN plus some trade deals. The only one who gets it is Macron. Not sure if he's strong enough to lead the continent though. He's having a lot of trouble with Frenchies alone.

18. ukbritishbloke

ukbritishbloke Fapstronaut

Having the opinion that Britain is obliged to change to the Euro is like having the opinion that the earth is flat. It may be your opinion, but it's just wrong.

19. Why are you bringing this up? I literally stated since you apparently didn't read that I'm done. Believe whatever you want on that matter but leave me out of it, I don't care what your opinion is mate.