1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

End Procrastination

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Hello,
    How to end procrastination ??
    I hate procrastination, there are so many things i want to do throughout the day, things that are out of my comfort zone, im not used to..

I feel i want to get that thing done, get motivated to push myself, MAKE MY DREAMS COME TRUE, GOALS THAT I ALWAYS WANTED ACCOMPLISH,
    But then i feel FEAR, DOUBT, asking myself, will i do it ? Is it possible ? And then i forget about everything and say, well i ll do that next week...

Help me please to overcome procrastination & fear...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2017
    Username1021 likes this.
  2. Phil Harmonica

Phil Harmonica Fapstronaut

Imagine that you continued to shrink from doing the things you need to do in your life (the "needs" defined by yourself). What would you be like in 3 years? How would your life fall apart if you allowed it to, in a way that you might even enjoy doing? How would it hurt the people around you? Imagine the hell that would be, then do whatever you can not to end up like that.

Username1021 likes this.
  3. form1267

form1267 New Fapstronaut

4. Create a list of things you want to achieve at the beginning of the day and set a schedule and tick them off when completed.

Lupus S, Username1021 and A41:14A like this.
  5. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

What's helped me lately is the whole "eat that frog" philosophy. When I have a list of tasks that I know I want to get done in a particular day, inevitably there's one or two that I feel a temptation to push off. Those are the ones I do first.

For weeks, I put "Bible reading" and "prayer" near the top of my list of things to do, because they were my two most important daily disciplines. But I found that I always started with my Bible, and I'd get that done ... but then prayer kept getting pushed off. I went weeks without praying. Now, I flip it around. I start with prayer, and it's made a ton of difference.

Eat that frog.

https://www.amazon.com/Eat-That-Frog-Great-Procrastinating/

vulture175 likes this.
  6. Here's two TED Talks on procrastination - they might help.

7. Thanks guys for all the messages, very usefull.
    I have got good news..
    Today, i overcome laziness, i woke up 7AM the morning and did 15mins walking 15min Running and then took a cold shower, im feeling proud inside, this is something i havent done since almost 2 years.