1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Ego, mind and illusion of separateness

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Sep 13, 2017.

1. To all of us who are struggling with sense of loneliness, separation, lack of human connection I would write my experience about it.
    It all comes about Ego and mind, they create the illusion of separateness. Yes an illusion.
    Because deeply we are all connected with other people and nature, world. Heart is what connect everything but it's veiled by ego and mind. Ego is mechanism developed in childhood as defensive system against potential threats, everyone of us have ego but men have very often stronger ego than women. The more we had difficult childhood and dangerous situations in life and met some situations that our mind perceived as threat the more ego build up. And it goes through lifetime that ego feeds with conflicts, dramas and things that can lead to fight. Mind connected with the ego is thing that measures other people, mark them as better or worse than us, mark situations and moments as useful or useless, seek conflicts. As a result we measure world as dangerous and we are closing our heart against life because to ego life is potential threat that can lead at least to death, the same with other people. When mind and ego leads us there is no place for heart to lead our life as fulfilled and loving persons, we are closed in a shell of stress and addictions as a form of survival. So cannot life energy fulfill it's potential and our potential - when life force cannot be shown and experienced it turn to it's negative destructive side. Because the force that destroys us in form of addictions, conflicts even wars is the same force that feed us up, make us happy and fulfilled with love. It cannot be stopped - it only can be channeled into positive or negative habits of life. Every time you feel lonely, disconnected from people and life, you feel inner conflict or create outer conflict, you fear about something, you hate people, you are scared to talk with someone, you destroy nature it's because of ego that want to destroy potential threats to make it survive. All the worst world dictators, politicians, corporational CEOs are lead by ego ( people like Hitler, Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot and thousand others are the worst example of ego). Destruction of nature is because of ego. Ego and mind is the thing that separates us from life and present moment and it's only illusion. SEPARATION IS ONLY AN ILLUSION.

In life there will be always situations that can threat us, and may lead to our death but the thing is not to fight with every possible imaginated threat but to live life to the fullest and react only when the real threat meet us. Trying to prevent all bad situations ( they are often bad because mind marks them as bad) is trying to prevent us from experiencing the real life. At least believe me or not it's only mind and ego that is really dying because our spirit, spirit of every plant and stone live forever in form of energy. Every matter is a form of energy. This energy is LOVE. LOVE is what created this world, from LOVE we came to this world and LOVE we are even if we don't feel it because mind took the place that was previously reserved for heart.
    EGO want instant gratification, ego awaits that some woman magically will appear and will feed (the baby) with love, food, security and will take care that the baby boy will be satisfied and secure. Ego is baby mechanism and thus we have since centuries growin population of adult babies who never never growns up. Because not many people today knows what mind and ego is - and this is necessary to observe it and use but don't let it rule us. Ego itself is very important to our survival because without it we wouldn't even eat, poop and increase population. It's important. The same with mind. The key is to not let them rule us. To recognize when they arise, observe and not let us be ruled by them. The stronger you have ego and mind the more you feel disconnected from people and life. Strong ego and mind are very useful tools, but not when they rule you.
    You are scared to go and begin to talk to woman because of ego, you are scared what other think about you because of ego. Only ego can get hurt, HEART is always open and takes everything. The bigger ego you have the more your mind is fragile and you are trying to seek and show false strength - because true strength don't need to be proved it just exist in you.
    In past times rites of passage were made to crush boys ego to show him he is not center of the world. Nowadays as we have no rites of passage life will be your rite of passage and our addictions is one of life tools to crush our ego. Resistance is futile, life will be crushing our ego moment by moment until we will accept our weakness. And then the real life starts - while you accept you are not superior to any stone, plant, animal or human. That you are just a human being with all you dreams and weakness, imperfections and fears, when you accept that life is about experiencing all of it aspect, not only about survival. When you are truly broken you have the chane to open up to LOVE. Only broken heart can show true love.
    We are all on our rite of passage. What I wrote above is from my experience and it's proven by all true spiritual teachings such as buddhist teaching. Meditation helped me alot recognizing those ego and mind mechanisms. I have still sometimes feeling of loneliness or fear before talking to someone but at this moment I'm recognizing thats because of ego and I can leave this monster behind and experience this moment in it's fullest.
    You are feeling lonely, have no friends, are scared with talking to people. Leave you ego behind and take care of yourself. Meet people and laugh. You will not die because of interactions and situations but you may be living dead in your ego-mind shell of security. Every time you feel fear, create conflict, measure or mark people and situations, feel better or worse than anyone - it's your mind. You as a human being have right to not to suck in it but leave it behind you.
    The strongest utility that cope with mind and opens our heart along with meditation is acceptance. When you say YES you are saying with your heart and this heart opens up little by little. But it can be closed with mind. Practice of acceptance is tool that may help you be free to experience LOVE and LIFE.
    FOLLLOW YOU HEART BUT TAKE YOUR MIND AS A TOOL WITH YOU.

Born_For_War and vibemaker like this.
  2. Ryszard Mazur

Ryszard Mazur Fapstronaut

yeah yeah, man, love, love is the power, like .... your long post reminds me of Byrne's The Power, I tested the concept of practical loving everyone and everything every step of the day and it works, man, that is the gateway out of hell, truly so :) thank you :)

MeTP likes this.
  3. Tron22

Tron22 Fapstronaut

I am always suspicious about philosophical ideologies that put single value on the pedestal and other put down. Yeah love and hearts are great and they server its purpose (otherwise we wouldn't have them) but discipline and order is just as needed.
    Dont throw everything on ego. Some fears go beyond the ego. Fear of strangers is nothing unnatural. If you are not socialized enough (or badly) your body will respond accordingly regardless of your ego. Dictators are driven by their emotions just as everyone else. The ego just server as tool to satisfy them.
    World is dangerous place. The bigger mystery is not why some people are scared, the bigger mystery is why there are people that are not. The goal is not to become naive but strong, smart and courageous. Everyones potential is so big especially today with this modern technology that give so much power to single individual. Putting pink glasses might work in the times of peace but the moment the bombs start to fall and rivers will start to turn red you will collapse.

4. Ryszard Mazur

Easy, my dear fellow, I meant love is everything, every good emotion is love, love overcomes fear,

Look, imagine you are afraid to talk to a girl. However .... imagine you woke up one day and decided you were to give love every step of the day, you get up, smile and laugh in the mirror, do everything in the house, clean, whatever, go shopping, smile at people in the street, watch them, talk kindly with the clerk at the shop, ask help from the shop assistant and thank them smiling, laughing, you get back, go to the gym, have an explosive workout, joke around with stuff, maybe with the hot cleaning lady, joke with your buddies, share experiences, you feel great, maybe you smile at girls for no reason, at those young girls just cracking it up on the bus, be in the vibe, you return, you chat your buddies on fb, make plans, are positive, maybe you take a nap and after the nap you talk to your long cut off friend you have not talked in a long time over the phone recalling the good times together, you head out to clubs, you smile at the doorman, chat, you go in, you chat with the bartender like with a beast friend, you give him a tip with heart and thank him, you talk to a strange dude at the bar, who is so kind and positive for an hour or so...

And then you get out and you will be surprised at your self esteem and positivity, you will maybe just naturally stop girls in the street for information

Now man ... do you see DO YOU SEE the power of L O V E ???? :) smiles and smiles to go my friend :)

MeTP likes this.
  5. Tron22

Tron22 Fapstronaut

Your definition of love little bit wide don't you think? Thats the main flaw of this philosophy. Ask 100 people what the idea of love means to them and they give you 100 different definitions. For some its just hormone, for some romantic relationship between two individuals, for some like you every positive emotion.
    Second you failed to show potential violent conflict and how love could help you overcome it. Hug and kiss attacker until he flee?

6. Ryszard Mazur

No man, I do not like to argue, I agree love is manifold, like romantic love, carnal, physical, paternal, motherly, father, brotherly, human, etc. pardon my English.

What I mean is give love to those who NEED it! :) That's the hard part, if you talk to a person and they brightened up as a result, you have given love :) If you smile at a stranger like he was your brother (which he is) and he is having it ... you have given love ... before you know it, you will do this with gals :)

7. Ryszard Mazur

If you are in Europe pay me a visit, Atman :)

8. Born_For_War

Born_For_War Fapstronaut

Yeah I will man, for sure :D Sounds like I'm the only non-European posting in this thread!

...and props to @MeTP for an eloquent discourse!

9. Such Small Hands

Such Small Hands Fapstronaut

The ego's definitely an obstacle, if improperly handled/experienced. Your effusions about "love," however, might be encouraging to some, but platitudinous and vague to others, especially when you bring up "love" creating the world, or something to that effect. Different strokes.

But thanks for the post, anyway. I hope it helps whoever connects with your words. Stay strong.