1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Easy Office Abs Workout

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by soumyajit, Jan 5, 2018.

1. soumyajit

soumyajit Fapstronaut

I am spending 4 to 6 hours a day sitting in my office, this is definitely not good.That is the main cause of gaining a lot of belly fat . I am tried lot of things but not get relif now i am tring "leg lift" and get little relex.
    Leg lift is always going to be most prominent exercise for your abdominal muscles, whether it’s a leg lift while hanging through the bar or while lying on the ground. It always does wonders and can be stated as a primary ab exercise to lose some office-workout.jpg .

2. You cannot spot reduce fat. It's impossible. Stomach exercises do not cause you to lose stomach fat.

The way your body stores fat means that your stomach, lower back, etc are one of the last places to lose fat. So the rest of your body will get relatively lean/normal before you lose your belly fat.

Ab exercises can help you build ab muscles, but they won't make you lose that belly fat. To lose the belly fat, you need to be in a caloric deficit, i.e. eating less calories than your daily expenditure.

Here's how to find out if you're eating the right amount:

• Tomorrow morning, right after waking up, weigh yourself. Do this BEFORE you've eaten or drank anything, as food/drink can add to your water weight. It's also important that you weigh yourself first thing in the morning, as water weight fluctuates throughout the day.
    • Now repeat this every morning for the next 2 weeks.
    After you have measured your weight every day for 2 weeks, take the weekly averages. To get the weekly averages, add up the weights from the 7 days of the first week, and divide by 7. Do the same for the second week.

Compare the two averages:
    • If your weight went up, you're in a caloric surplus and gaining fat. You need to reduce your daily food intake by a large amount, like say 700-800 calories.
    • If your weight stayed the same, you're in neither a surplus nor a deficit. Reduce calories by 500 to start losing weight.
    If your weight went down. How much did it go down by?
    • If it went down less than 1 pound (or 0.45 kilograms), decrease calories by 200-300.
    • If it went down by more than 2lbs (or 0.9 kilograms) you can increase calories by 200-300.
    After making any adjustments, keep tracking your weight each day, taking a weekly average, and comparing it to the previous week. Keep adjusting as necessary, but always give it a full 1-2 weeks to see what effect the change had before making additional adjustments.

Depending on your body fat percentage, you might have a lot of fat to lose, or just a little. Either way, aim to lose 1-2lbs of fat per week, and stay consistent with your diet, and you'll get rid of that belly fat in a reasonable amount of time. :)

Drift likes this.
  3. Drift

Drift Fapstronaut

Nice suggestion JG

4. LillianYgzh

LillianYgzh New Fapstronaut

Thank you for sharing, I also sit a lot.

5. fmustang1981

fmustang1981 Fapstronaut

I also lift my legs from time to time. I don't wear a jacket to work or any other formal wear. This gives you much more opportunities to perform active exercises. I rent a small office in co working space and we have a space for doing warm-ups. Given that I sit in my office for 6-7 hours a day, it is necessary to do exercises for at least half an hour a day. I do push-ups, leg lifts, and spot jumps mostly. I get to work and home not by bus or car but on my feet. This also helps to wake up the muscles during a long working day. I would be interested to hear what exercises you do and how often?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    AlRoss0908 and ElizabethManning like this.