1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Earrings on Males

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Sunshadow, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Sunshadow

Sunshadow Distinguished Fapstronaut

Hello all,

I'm just throwing this out into cyberspace to see what I get back.

My girlfriend wants me to get earrings (studs to be particular). She thinks I'd look really good in them, but I'm not so sure.

How do you think earrings affect the apparent sexuality of a guy? Are you more likely to assume that a guy with earrings is gay? Do you think a guy with earrings is more attractive? Does it depend on the guy? Are earrings simply a social construct, that you can take to symbolize world peace or the destruction of the family, as you choose? Are earrings just a figment of my imagination?

(Those last two don't require answers, btw. :p)

I'm kind of thinking that if I get them and don't like them, I can always just let the piercings grow back in, so no big deal.

EDIT: Gosh, I didn't expect this thread to necro, lol.

I'm no longer in a relationship, but I'm still considering getting my ears pierced. If I do, it will be to celebrate a major stepping stone in my life. Keep the comments coming, though!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    Deadlihood likes this.
  2. IGY

IGY Guest

Earrings suck! :( What is this fascination of studding metal into people's skin or hanging bits of metal from earlobes etc? :oops:
    It's like when you see someone with a nose or lip ring. o_O OMG it looks like they have been tethered to a fence or a post! :eek:
    Has your girlfriend got a metal fetish or something? What is wrong with you as you are? Absolutely nothing I would bet. :rolleyes:

Red Eagle likes this.
  3. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

They look so silly on men.
    I personally do think they look gay.
    Plus in a fight it's one more thing that can be used to damage you.
    Nobody wants half a ear ripped off.

4. Sunshadow

Sunshadow Distinguished Fapstronaut

Haha, I actually really like earrings on a girl! I think they look good.
    Nose and lip rings look silly, I agree. And tongue rings, and eyebrow rings, and middle-of-the-freaking-cheek rings, and who knows what else. Oh, and spacers. I think those look ugly. (No offence to anyone who has them, though.)
    But I do like earrings. :)

Nothing's wrong with me, haha, thanks. And if I said that I didn't want to get them, she'd quit bugging me about it. I'm just intrigued by the idea.

I think they often look a bit gay, but I've met a few guys who pull them off pretty well. Kind of the swashbuckler/pirate/rebel vibe...
    I'd get studs, so not likely they'd afford anyone much advantage.

Star Lord likes this.
  5. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

Do you want to wear them? That's the only thing that matters. It's not your gf's decision.

I pretty much agree with @IGY I don't get why anyone would shove metal through their face. This is one of the trends people a 100 years in the future will think, what the fuck did they do?

I've seen many beautiful girls who completely fucked up their looks because they have to wear metal rings through their face. But that's just my opinion.

6. Seriously tho, when I see a man with earrings I think of either gay, rocker guy, metrosexual or an artist. None of those things I associate with manliness. I assume most people would perceive a guy with earrings the same. So it depends what kind of vibes you want to send out. Also depends what kind of person you already are. There are some men that are so manly that they define what they wear, not other way around. It's not most of the people tho.

7. Did not said that they all are effeminate. I said I associate them with it.

8. MJ Warrior 93

MJ Warrior 93 Fapstronaut

I once tried earrings. Holy shit, they were so uncomfortable after a week. Never again.

And further more, I don't how people get to wear 'em for a living from the past thousands of years 'till today. As much as seeing people with them doesn't bother me, still, I don't know how they feel comfortable with 'em. But to each it's own.. I guess.

Lone_Wolf likes this.
  9. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Risk it for a biscuit.

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. iwmsgan

iwmsgan Fapstronaut

That's what my 12-year old self thought too, but I'm scarred for life bro. Some wounds don't heal. (Literally, not talking about emotional scars)

11. She's marking her man. It's a common tactic employed by women with jealousy issues.

12. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

An ear stud is the equivalent to a leash

13. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

OK, Nick. Go back to your wood (actual wood).

14. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

#RMSHASSPOKEN

15. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Earrings are very feminine, OP. I don't think you should get them.

16. Sunshadow... c'mon man. Ear rings are for girls. I don't think I need to labour this point. Don't allow your gf to turn you into a metrosexual.

17. Lone_Wolf

Lone_Wolf Fapstronaut

Not a fan of earrings on men or tattoos (on either sex), for that matter.
    I also don't care much for nose studs on women (or pierced tongues, nipples, or whatever else people suddenly decide is hip).

Mitchell's Way, Saskia and AndySky180 like this.
  18. Rikarwb

Rikarwb Fapstronaut

I know it has been a long time since the original post, dunno what your decision was ... dunno if you are still in that situation.

Either way, don't let your girlfriend change your mind on who you want to be. I personally like piercings ( don't have any ), but if you don't, DON'T GET THEM ! If you girlfriend wants you with them but you don't, DON'T GET THEM !

I see no correlation between the two. If i see a guy with earrings ... it's just a person with some metal in his body. Saying a guy is "gay" just because he has earrings is ignorant and stupid, but let's face it: Some people think like this, so have this in mind when making your decision.

Earrings were made by an unknown alien civilization that keep the secrets to the origin of the world :eek:

Just some fashion items. That's it ( in my opinion ).

So yeah: get them if you want to, don't get them if you don't want to, it doesn't make you gay, IN FACT, it would make you "more alpha", because you have the courage to wear something that is "feminine looking".

Sunshadow likes this.
  19. BigCheese

BigCheese Fapstronaut

I have both my ears pierced and I wear black studs. Honestly, it depends on what kind of impression you're tryna give. It gives you more of a pretty boy/player type of look. I used to wear them daily through high school but now it's only if I'm going out to somewhere I need to look good for. I guess it's more attractive to girls since it give's the bad boy look. But don't do anything that YOU don't wanna do. When you start doing things to impress girls thats when you lose your masculinity and seem less of an alpha, so do what YOU wanna do, fuck what she thinks

kropo82 likes this.