1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Durastically Reduce Social Anxiety In Less Than A Day Without Talking To Anyone

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by QUAH162, Aug 13, 2017.

1. QUAH162

QUAH162 Fapstronaut

Ok so it is apparent that many people on this website suffer from social anxiety. Recently I have discovered a very simple cure that anyone can do without actually talking to anyone. All you have to do is talk to yourself about anything (find a place where there is nobody else). Pretend to do a tutorial about something you're passionate about or something (it doesn't matter). Speak out your mind until it no longer is akward talking to yourself. It should only take a few hours and you will be much more expressive at the end. Think about it for a second; If you're akward around yourself (find it weird talking to yourself) then how are you supposed to talk to other people without finding it akward. I tried this out this afternoon. Couldn't even say hi to people on the street and now talking to people is a joke. Then do a vlog of yourself, you don't have to upload it or anything you can just use it to analyse the way you speak. I haven't tried this but if you want to step it up a notch vlog in the street where people will looking at you. I can only imagine how well this would woek. Anyway talking to yourself will destroy social anxiety, it's honestly great.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Definitely a good idea, although it's worth noting that there's a limit to how much talking to yourself can help you with talking to others.

I run a YouTube channel and so I make at least 3-4 videos a week, usually 5+. I record myself regularly. Previously before my first recorded video I was very nervous and anxious about the idea of being on camera, and very awkward when I actually did make videos. Now I'm not at all nervous about being on camera, and also as a bit of a bonus side effect: my voice sounds a TON better than it did when I started, because I've got used to hearing my real voice when editing videos etc and so I speak more clearly and properly now.

...but beyond removing my anxiety about being on camera, it didn't really do anything for my anxiety in social interactions unfortunately.

If you want to overcome your fear of talking face to face, you will need to talk face to face. However if you're also anxious about talking to yourself or talking on camera, then this is a great way to warm up and get started.

Then move on to cold approach or street interviews. ???. Profit. :)

3. QUAH162

QUAH162 Fapstronaut

Of course there is a limit. For me doing the vlogs and talking to myself got rid of the face to face anxiety. I think i'll need to vlog more often to get my voice sounding as good as possible. A lot of it's in your head. If you can get rid of fear of camera and then convince yourself that your talkative then the anxiety will be gone. Law of attraction at its finest. Also what is your channel if you don't mind telling me?

4. I've sent you my channel link in PM.

Definitely keep recording videos, it'll do wonders for your voice. You can actually hear a side by side comparison. Go to my channel and go to the home page and look for the lucid dreaming video with like 1.4M views. That was the first video I ever made, so it was my first time recording myself.

Listen to the first 20 seconds of that. Then listen to one of my newer videos. You can hear how different I sound. I basically started speaking more clearly and using my voice properly because I could hear how I really sounded.

Normally we only hear how we think we sound, but it's really how we sound through a bunch of bone, and so isn't accurate. So we adjust how we speak based on that. Which is why we often think we sound bad when we finally hear ourselves for real.. because we sound nothing like how we sounded to ourselves in our head. Once you start recording yourself regularly you start realising how you really sound and so you base how you speak on that rather than on the voice you yourself hear when speaking.

QUAH162 likes this.