1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Does something like sex drive have anything to do with how far you'll go to find a girl?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by zxcv, Apr 12, 2018.

1. zxcv

zxcv Fapstronaut

I mean, I'm on a couple ssris that I'm trying to get off of. So obviously, I'm trying to get off of them try to make things more normal. I'm also trying to working out more trying to lose weight and gain muscle and testosterone which will hopefully make me less shy.

I've also gotten a job where in tech support where I'm answering phone calls, and trying to help people. Hopefully in a way that'll help me be able to talk girls in real life. So far, nothing is working...

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. My suggestion is to take the medicine that you are prescribed for the moment. The changes the brain will undergo will still happen imho. This is because, it is believed that SSRIs affect seratonin levels, and nofap affects dopamine levels. Dopamine is where the problem is. A person into pmo is spiking their dopamine and rewarding themselves for doing nothing, and in huge amounts. The brain develops a tolerance to dopamine. You can look all that stuff up if you want. But I'd say that after you go through the withdrawals, which for me were intense, and lasted for 4 days, then changes start to happen. I had been addicted to pmo for 28 years. My withdrawals were so bad, I kept wondering if I should go to the hospital. I didn't. I stuck it out, like a man.

Once you get a full reboot done, things will get better. But it won't be easy. Do what ever it takes to complete a reboot, if you haven't yet. Stop at nothing.

3. zxcv

zxcv Fapstronaut

I've gone 100+ days of no p and haven't notice much of a difference. I thinking of trying again in addition to everything else, but alone it didn't do much good. But yeah, I've also pretty much cut my meds in half in about 6 months and I'm still not noticing any real improvements.

Trazodone 150mg -> 0mg
    Wellbutrin 300mg a day - > 150 mg a day -> Thinking about going down to 0 in a few more days. It's been a couple months since I got off the trazodone.
    Fluoxitine 60mg -> 60 mg

4. I've been on trazodone and wellbutrin, and honestly they didn't put a dent in my depression. But I would not stop taking them they way they were prescribed. Keep the dosage where your doctor has it. It won't affect a reboot. If you are only going no P, maybe consider trying hard mode, no PMO. For me, that was when things really kicked in. Then I went on a treasure hunt to rid myself of everything that spiked dopamine. First it was sugar, next caffiene/coffee.

kayesem likes this.
  5. _Xavier_

_Xavier_ Fapstronaut

I will not tell you what to do, but I will tell you that those drugs fuck your brain up with the intended goal of suppressing dysfunction which was caused by legitimate suffering in your past (as far as I understand). Needless to say I am personally very glad that my parents never drugged me as a kid. I had plenty of problems they could have drugged me for. Due to not having sadness/reward centers being suppressed, I'm experiencing the amazing highs as well as the lows in this journey. It is your choice of course. You know yourself best. I'm not advocating going off cold turkey either! My mother went off of "antidepressants" and she had some bad withdrawals.

I thought this video was fascinating about "mental illness" and the drug industry

6. zxcv

zxcv Fapstronaut

That's why I'm trying to get off of them. But I'm not going cold turkey either. I've already gotten off of the trazodone and wellbutrin, and I'll be going down one the Fluoxitine in another month. I'll do it fairly slowly. Something like 60->40->20->10->0Mg going down every 2 months.

Love Stefan Molyneux btw, Just watched the The War On Tommy Robinson video.

_Xavier_ likes this.
  7. _Xavier_

_Xavier_ Fapstronaut

Awesome good for you! Cool, I've been listening to him for a year and a half now.

I'm sorry for missing the first sentence in your post. I just noticed - "I mean, I'm on a couple ssris that I'm trying to get off of."