1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Does people ask for Half-Life 3 really annoy you?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jul 12, 2018.

1. It amazes me that people still cling to Half-Life 3 and remains hoping, mostly because Valve Corporation said this once and the gamers never give up on it. Do people want Half-Life 3 for nostalgia? Did the second game end with the questions that are unanswered or something? I don't care when the last Half-Life installment came out but I believe it's time to stop caring about Half-Life 3 and move on. It's not like nostalgia is going to save people's lives forever.

Also, this video is an excellent representation of why people keep requesting for Half-Life 2: Episode 3 or Half-Life 3.

What really annoys me is the Half-Life fandom keep popping up the "HL3 confirmed", "HL3 leaked", "HL3 announced", and "HL3 in development" jokes, which made me think Half-Life fanbase as the whole is toxic and insufferable. Those jokes are freaking outdated and pointless and they aren't anything new so why bother keep popping that shit up on the Internet is just beyond foolish.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2022
  2. tweeby

tweeby Banned

HL3 will never happen bro.

Taylor25 likes this.
  3. Yeah Valve makes enough money through Steam now that they will probably never care about making HL3, which is enormously disappointing to hear about a gaming company. As for the people for say "Half Life 3 confirmed" or " HL3 leaked" they do irritate me too.

Taylor25 likes this.
  4. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

Half Life 2 Episode 2 ended on a major cliff hanger, with one of the major characters dying in front of the player character and with the fate of the player character unknown.

I was waiting for episode three, but it's been a decade now, and in the meantime I've quit playing games entirely.

5. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

I predict that Steven Seagal will come out with another energy drink before you see another Half Life.

I've played them all. In my opinion, Half Life and Half Life 2, the stand alone games, are very good. Half Life 2 especially so. The rest of it I could take or leave. Opposing Force, Blue Shift, the HL2 Episodes; they are alright, but more of the same.

WesternWolf and Deleted Account like this.
  6. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Not entirely, you still play with yourself.

LEPAGE likes this.
  7. No, like any actual fan of a game folks want a sequal or trilogy if it's something they simply enjoy. Half-Life 3 will never be made because Gabe seriously can't count past two, but I always have this internal hope since I loved the series so much.

WesternWolf and tweeby like this.
  8. Half-Life 2 blew my mind when it came out, with all the new features and how big the areas were, there wasn't anything like it at the time and I loved it so much I played it on every system it was made on. lol

HL1 was also brilliant and revolutionary, I remember when I first played it growing up. Those zombies/headcrabs scared the shit out of me when the facility Gordon was in went to crap.

WesternWolf, Taylor25, LEPAGE and 2 others like this.
  9. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Half Life 2 was a ballache because it was one of the very first games that required internet access for activation. Luckily I played it many years later, but even then the brilliance of it was not lost on me.

10. I just hate it when a "Half-Life 3 confirmed" joke feel like a lazy excuse to forget about playing 100+ intellectual properties over a decade. Seems to happen after once in a while in the less than 10 years. This is just Half-Life fans begging the same crap over and over again and again while missing out some great shooter games to look at. How freaking hard is to find new games when Half-Life fans are still waiting for HL3 and the fact they are trying to please Valve Corporation forever and the game will never be made is just laziness. There are a ton of freaking IPs from the past 10 years to play like Portal, Mass Effect trilogy, Batman Arkham series, Dead Island, Uncharted, Dead Space trilogy, Metal Gear Solid 4 & 5, Gears of War 2, 3 & 4, and Skyrim. Waiting for HL3 will ruin people's lives if they don't move on.

11. I would love half life 3, but I wont keep my hopes up, nor keep my hopes that it would be good.

LEPAGE and Deleted Account like this.
  12. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

Has anyone played Black Mesa, the fan update/remake of Half Life? From what I understand, it isn't done yet, but a good portion is available to play.

Now this all has me thinking of digging out The Orange Box again.

RainbowShell likes this.
  13. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

I answered my own question, by downloading Black Mesa and playing it this weekend.

Pretty good. A lot better looking then the original Half Life is these days. But, I just can't stick with it. Definitely not enjoying gaming anymore; not as much as I used to.

14. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

Taking a look at half life and left 4 dead I don't think valve can count to 3. People do a lot of the same stuff for l4d3, although not nearly as much. When people play a game that's really good they want more of it. Sometimes they are better left alone. Plenty of people were excited for a new mass effect, and we all know how that turned out.

15. If I was a mod, I would consider Half-Life 3 jokes as a bannable offense.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2018
  16. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

Yeah, and I deleted it already. Played through once, and done. Definitely done with games. I wish quitting PMO was as easy.