1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Does my friend's girlfriend like me?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Erick Pastora, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Erick Pastora

Erick Pastora Fapstronaut

I'm in class at college with this couple (I know the guy from high school) and I don't know if it's my imagination or not but I keep finding her staring at me, sometimes in class we're alone and she goes to talk to me asking me how I'm doing, etc. Last week I was talking to both of them and he said "bro, the gym is really working for you" and then she said "yeah, you look good, does your girlfriend like it?" and I told her I have no girlfriend and she smiled at me. Even though he is not my close friend I wouldn't get with her even if she did like me. Is it likely she likes me or is it just my imagination?

Gotham Outlaw and Noelle like this.
  2. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

Sounds like she's interested from how you describe it.

3. You know you want to hit it, lol.

4. scote73

scote73 Fapstronaut

I've also experienced this.

Speaking from personal experience, the best theory I have for this is that I feel no pressure when talking to a friend's GF. I feel more free to be myself, and when I do that they naturally respond to it.

I'm not sure if that means they *like* us, in the way you're saying. It may be more that they have an appreciation for our presence...? Just a theory of course.

This is what I'm working on personally when it comes to my dating life...releasing the stress and pressure I feel when I'm talking to/approaching a girl I know is available!

Hitto likes this.
  5. That's an interesting observation. That might be true for the other person as well. I know I can unintentionally be a bit more flirty with, say, my brother in law or my best friends husband, because I know we are both taken and it doesn't mean anything serious. So perhaps the girl in that scenario is more comfortable just being extra friendly or flirty because she knows you aren't going to try to hit on her or ask her out.

Honestly, though, from the OPs post, it kind of sounds to me like she might be into you.

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  6. Yeah, I'd say she likes you. From what I take away from this, when she goes over to talk to you, she seemed geniunely interested in your wellbeing and in the gym conversation, the girlfriend question she made was quite out of left field for the topic.

How you're going to deal with it, you decide.

7. Erick Pastora

Erick Pastora Fapstronaut

Of course I want to, she's HOT. However, the last time I got with a girl who had a boyfriend things ended pretty badly

Hitto likes this.
  8. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

I can totally relate

9. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

It gets messy bro I remember in college I was friends with two people who dated I knew his girlfriend longer than he knew her but we all were friends and hung out in the same group of friends.She and him broke up and she was trying to counsel in me and ended hooking up lol Then then maybe the same week I had a party and I'm sure both knew each other would be there. So long story short they came to my party and then I saw them talking and they left lol This was after she was talking shit about him like a couples day before, but shockingly (sarcasm) they broke up again some time later I told him what happened between us and he wasn't mad.He seemed to be over it and said the two of them were cool. At the time I felt kind of mad and disappointed because I did catch feelings for her but whatever. I was kind of mad at her and told her to fuck off and we got in a fight over the fact that she made my friend seem like such an asshole and went back to him anway this is when I was 20 and very naive lol. Then we didn't talk after awhile and I was invited to her birthday and I apologized and I was in the moment and I kissed her in front my friend and he got pissed even though he said they weren't dating lol I'm still friends with my guy friend to this day and she moved out of the state. The point of the story is tread very lightly you don't want to be in a love triangle full of hurt and confusion

10. Bro's before ..... well you know..

11. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

Whether she likes you or not, being friendly and remembering this ↑ are good decisions.

SheMonk likes this.
  12. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

Is she flirty with other people? If not then then she might be into you. Whatever happens don't bang her behind your friends back. That's what happens with every story on investigation discovery.

Hitto likes this.
  13. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

Yes, she finds you attractive. Who cares, though? She's taken. Move along.
    ; )