1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Does dating during reboot lead to relapse?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Deleted Account, Apr 24, 2019.

Do you think dating during reboot increase urges to relapse

1. Yes definitely

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hello everyone
    I am 62 days pmo free but that doesn't mean i don't struggle with urges to M almost every week... I guess continuously engaging in this behavior for years has altered my perception of relationship... Every single boy i seemed to be interested in all these years within a week i begin to fantasize about him sometimes sexually and that led to relapse... I have never been in relationship mainly because of spiritual reasons so that prevented me doing some stupid stuff... But there is a boy in my class who I like... I am generally shy so I don't talk to guys a lot but lately i have been thinking about him a lot and I guess that is messing up with my reboot.... Like on days I think about him I have to overcome stronger urges as compared to days I do not think of him.. I am not fantasizing about him sexually yet but somewhat romantically even that is messing up with my brain and dopamine.... What do you suggest should I stop thinking about him altogether and focus on reboot...

Sun_shine and control your life like this.
  2. You can use this as a motivation not to masturbate i.e. if it is your serious goal to date him, relapsing may harm that chance. In my personal situation, I am using dating as a way of trying to improve myself and I have found that relapsing made me feel worse on the dates. I am now using it as a motivation NOT to relapse. On the other hand, if you don't see yourself actually wanting to date him then it's probably a good idea to stop thinking about him.

3. Well i think I am not that serious about him so I probably should stop thinking about him...thanks for the advice

control your life likes this.