1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone know the effects of no faping and weight loss

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Johnadams1243, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Johnadams1243

Johnadams1243 Fapstronaut

Since I am new at this, (day 2) I was wondering if anyone who been on this journey found a correlation with weight loss.

Did you find your self
    gaining weight?
    Loosing weight?
    No change?

I am overweight and I am curious what I should be expecting durring this time of "hard reboot"

frustrated30plus likes this.
  2. catholic100

catholic100 Fapstronaut

I don't know. I started 3 days ago to NoFap but I think I would be loosing weight. Today was my "bad" day when I felt a desire but I did a workout. If I have workouts on bad days, I will probably loose some weight. For someone else, meditation is a better way to NoFap, I don't know. In that case you won't loose weight. It depends.
    All the best :)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  3. scrat_on_speed

scrat_on_speed Fapstronaut

I don't think there's been any studies to see how weight is affected by PMO. Speaking just for myself, I would say that you're more likely to lose weight while not PMOing. I feel like I have more energy and zeal for life. I also find that I don't wallow in post-PMO despair by eating my feelings. I'm overweight, but after a year of maturity (not without a few relapses), I'm in better shape than I was in high school. Even did a half marathon earlier this year.

I think catholic100 is right in his approach. If you feel a desire, work out. Working out doesn't have to be doing 1000 pushups or hiring a personal trainer. It can merely be going for a walk. I started walking over my lunch break a year ago. It's great to be able to get away from my computer for a bit, and it helps get my blood flowing a little, even on cold days. Plus, what will exercise hurt? I'm not here to call you fat (I'm still "obese" by the BMI), but just to serve as an encouragement. If you can kick PMO, you can lose some weight too. Go for it!

4. dcaldo88

dcaldo88 Fapstronaut

In regards to "energy" for workouts I would have to agree with the above posts. I have been working out for years and I have found there to be a correlation between both strength and cardio-endurance and PMO.

From the end of 2011 to early 2013 I was doing a power-lifting work out routine, just to see how my body type would change and how strong I could get. I would purposely not MO the day prior to when I had big lifts scheduled and I found that I did better on a consistent basis. I have gotten away from the power lifting and have been getting back into running more recently.

Having 1 week without PMO I def feel I have more energy on the cardio side of things as well. This "energy" I assume can translate into increased motivation to workout, longer workouts, more calories burned and thus weight loss.

Plus the acts of working out/planning workouts/planning meals/preparing meals can take up a lot of time and keep you busy so you will have less time to engage in other activities (PMO). Furthermore these are good life habits that will allow you to lose weight without "dieting".

If more specifics about working out (where to start?) or healthy eating are desired feel free to let me know.

Good luck with your journey Johnadams 1234

http://pmo-tracker.appspot.com/info?u=5898810492452864&k=m20QIFu

5. groovemonkey

groovemonkey New Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Yes there's a correlation. Orgasm depletes the body and there's a consequent craving for high fat/cholesterol foods as a basis for hormone rebalance. Think of the foods you reach for yourself post pmo. It's unlikely to be a salad.

6. LivinginRecovery

LivinginRecovery Fapstronaut

Yes I have noticed this. I normally hate chocolate yet after I have PMO'd sometimes having edged for hours I will find myself seeking out and wolfing down chocolate (I house share with others who keep chocolate in the house) afterwards. I've also noticed that for about 2 days after I have PMO'd I cannot perform High Intensity Cardio Workouts with any real conviction. I have to lay off for 2-3 days to be able to do so again with ease and it also affects the weights I lift as well. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but when I have PMO'd it really affects my legs and especially my knees and calves. It's like I am wading through glue.

7. frustrated30plus

frustrated30plus Fapstronaut

Just read this thread - it's like you were writing about me. I have constant chocolate cravings and my cardio ability ranges from being able to cycle all day to feeling like a short flat peddle is beyond me.

LivinginRecovery likes this.
  8. LivinginRecovery

LivinginRecovery Fapstronaut

Same here. I got on the stationary bike yesterday and I was fine because I hadn't PMO'd for 2 days. I tried earlier today and there's nothing there at all. I am ridiculously out of breath with very little exertion. Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

9. frustrated30plus

frustrated30plus Fapstronaut

I realise too, that when I use a stationary bike whilst craving PMO - I am utterly hopeless. My limbs are glued together so strongly that I feel like I have raised the resistance level on the bike up to full. And let's face it - at the best of times I'm not gonna be in the tour de France.

LivinginRecovery likes this.